- What Happened When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Bumped Into Mahira Khan At Cannes? Get Ready For SURPRISE!
- Cannes 2018: Mahira Khan Slays In Black & Her Red Carpet Debut Leaves Us All Drooling!
- LEAKED VIDEO! Mahira Khan Shamed For Smoking Yet Another Time; SECRETLY Meets Ranbir Kapoor?
- Ranbir Kapoor Is A HEART BREAKER! Shocking Reason He BROKE UP With Mahira Khan Before NEW YEAR
- SHE'S HURT! Mahira Khan Opens Up About Ranbir Kapoor & SRK's Raees Controversies Like Never Before
- BEST OF 2017! Which Of These Promising Fresh Faces Charmed You The Most?
- Priyanka Chopra Voted Sexiest Asian In UK Poll; Deepika Padukone & Mahira Khan BEAT Katrina Kaif
- UNEXPECTED & STRANGE! Ranbir Kapoor Took This Step After His Pictures With Mahira Khan Got Leaked?
- Has Mahira Khan STOPPED Talking To Ranbir Kapoor Cos Of All The Controversies Over Their Pictures?
- Is He Hinting At Deepika Padukone? Ranveer Singh Comments On Ranbir Kapoor-Mahira Khan's Viral Pics!
- Mahira Khan Gives A Befitting Reply To Haters Who TROLLED Her Viral Pics With Ranbir Kapoor!
- OMG! Salman Khan's EX-GIRLFRIEND, Somy Ali COMMENTS On Ranbir Kapoor-Mahira Khan's Viral Pictures!
Ranbir Kapoor and Mahira Khan's pictures from their recent New York trip spread like wild fire on the internet giving rise to the speculations that the duo are seeing each other.
If that wasn't enough, the actress was even trolled for wearing a short dress and 'smoking' despite of being a woman. Recently, in an interview with a leading website for her upcoming film Verna, Mahira finally opened up about the entire controversy. Here's what she had to say...
Mahira Was Completely Broken
She was quoted as saying, "I'd be lying if I said that I decided right off the bat that I wouldn't respond to this controversy. And I'm a very strong woman but when all of this happened, I was completely shattered and broken."
She Had So Much To Say But...
"I would think about posting a statement every day. Then I would stop myself because I just wouldn't know what to say," added the 'Raees' actress.
It Wasn't Hate
Mahira said, "Thankfully, ‘Power Di Game' was ready to be released, which I thought was perfect timing, so I just posted that as sort of a response to the trolls. But to be honest, I understand where all the criticism came from and it didn't come from a place of hate."
She Won't Mind Apologizing
"I'm not talking about the trolls but those who were genuinely disappointed to see those pictures. It's the same disappointment that my nani or my mamoo would have felt seeing that. So even now when I meet an older lady who says that she didn't like the pictures, I'm quick to apologize," she says.
Mahira Admits She Isn't The Perfect Role Model
Mahira further added, "People ask me if I'm a good role model for my fans, and my response to that is that yes, I am a role model but I'm not the perfect role model. I am human, I make mistakes. And I was really happy to see that there were so many people who stood up for me. It goes to show that the narrative in Pakistan is changing, and if nothing else, I'm happy to have been part of that narrative."
When Ranbir Spoke In Her Defence
The actor had issued a statement that read, "I've gotten to know Mahira in a personal capacity over the last few months. She is somebody who I admire and respect, for her achievements and even more for the person she is. It is very unfair the way she is being judged and spoken about."
Meanwhile, do you guys think it was right to target Mahira in this entire controversy? Let us know your thoughts about the same.