- Sacred Games’ Rajshri Deshpande Defends Lovemaking Scenes After They Were Posted On Adult Sites
- EXCLUSIVE! Kubbra Sait On Her Love For Mumbai, Playing Cuckoo & Sacred Games Creating History
- Sacred Games Controversy: Delhi HC Says 'Actors Cannot Be Held Liable For The Dialogues'
- Rahul Gandhi Reacts To Sacred Games’ Controversy, Anurag Kashyap & Swara Bhasker Praise Him!
- Sacred Games: Rajshri Deshpande Is Getting Messages Saying That She Is A P*rn Star!
- Netflix’s First Original Indian Series Sacred Games LEAKED Online!
Rasika Duggal who is known for her impressive performance in Qissa will be seen essaying the role of Safia Manto, the wife of the famous novelist cum playwright in Nandita Das' directorial Manto which stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the lead role.
The film has already hit the shooting floors in Gujarat and recently the makers released Rasika's first look from the movie. In the newly released still, Rasika is seen wearing round spectacles and simple Indian attire and bears a striking resemblence to Safia.
Talking about her role, Rasika was earlier quoted as saying, "I got very excited when I first saw the look come together. Was really happy with the outcome and all I could think was that I do look like her in the get up. I feel this look has been achieved through thorough research and that was always the intent to make Safia's character as real as possible to her real life look."
We hear that to get into the skin of her character Rasika learnt Urdu and even hired an Urdu diction teacher to understand the meaning and metaphors in Manto's writings.
Are you folks impressed with Rasika's first look from the film? Do let us know in the comment section below.