- Kartik Aaryan Thinks He's An A-list Star Now; Karan Johar THROWS Him Out Of The Akshay Kumar's Film
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Akshay Kumar's Gold Trivia: Did You Know? Out Of India's 9 Gold Medals, 8 Are For Hockey
- Akshay Kumar, Kriti Sanon & Riteish Deshkumh Have Fun While Shooting For Housefull 4 In London! Pics
- Gold: Akshay Kumar's Latest Song Chad Gayi Hai Is Out! Watch Here
- Housefull 4 Shooting Begins! Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh & Bobby Deol Promise Crazy Times Ahead
Akshay Kumar who is currently on a film signing spree recently kickstarted the shooting of R. Balki's Padman which is based on the life story of Arunachalam Muruganantham who is the inventor of a low-cost sanitary pad making machine and has helped spread awareness about traditional unhygienic practices around menstruation in rural India.
And now, Khiladi Kumar has been roped in for yet another biopic. This time he will be essaying the role of music moghul Gulshan Kumar in Subhash Kapoor's next. His rags-to-riches life story was larger than life. His devotional music made him a household name in India. He created a whole new music industry that didn't exist before building his own company T-Series into a gigantic musical empire. Check out the first look poster here-
Talking about it, Akshay was quoted saying in a press release, "I had the good fortune of knowing Gulshanji well and had a close association with him right from my first film 'Saugandh'. We both shared many things in common and come from a similar background. I am very excited to play him on screen."
Gulshan Kumar's son Bhushan Kumar added, "'Mogul' is not a film for me, it's my dream come true. My father has been a guiding force all through my life and I have always felt his presence in everything I do. I always knew that one day I would make 'Mogul' and share my father's amazing story with the world. I am also extremely happy that my mother Sudesh Kumari will be producing the film. I can think of no one better than Akshay to play him on screen."
Subhash Kapoor further said, "When Vikram Malhotra shared the idea of the film with me, it was a feeling of disbelief. I always told my team that the one story I would love to make a movie on was Gulshanji's and here I am doing just that."
Since Gulshan Kumar was extremely attached to his younger daughter Tulsi Kumar, the film has been announced today on her birthday.
'Mogul' is slated to hit the shooting floors by the end of 2017. Meanwhile Akki's upcoming releases include Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, 2.o, Padman and a Salman Khan-Karan Johar co-production.