- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Box Office Predictions: How Much Will The Shahid Kapoor Starrer Earn On Day 1?
- Shahid Kapoor On Batti Gul Meter Chalu: Important To Stay Close To Reality
- Shahid Kapoor On Facing Tough Competition From New Kids On The Block
- Mira Rajput Urges Fans Not To Send Gifts For Zain & The Reason Is Genuine!
- Shahid Kapoor's Daughter Misha Unwell, Skips Batti Gul Meter Chalu Promotions To Stay By Her Side!
- After Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Kareena Kapoor Khan Confirms She Will Be Planning For Second Child!
Actor Shahid Kapoor says he is hopeful that there would be clarity on the release of his controversy-ridden film Padmavati by end of this month.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's period drama is yet to receive a certificate from the CBFC. Several Rajput outfits and political leaders have accused the director of "distorting historical facts" in the movie.
Starring Deepika Padukone in the title role, with Shahid as Maharawal Ratan Singh and Ranveer Singh as Sultan Alauddin Khilji, the film was earlier scheduled to arrive in the theatres on December 1.
Both Bhansali and Padukone received death threats for being a part of the film.
Asked about the project's current status, Shahid said, "I am sure we will have clarity by the end of this year about when the film is releasing. But we want it to release as soon as possible."
The actor was speaking at the red carpet of Zee Cine Awards last night.
Asked if the controversy over the magnum opus put a dampener on his professional life in 2017, the 36-year-old actor said the year held a lot of excitement for him as he got to be a part of a 'memorable' film like Padmavati.
"Of course, there has been the whole controversy around 'Padmavati' but it is such a special film. When I look back at this year, it has been one of the most exciting years in my career - to be doing 'Padmavati', to be a part of a film which I really believe is going to be historic and remembered, if I may say so," he said.
"That's how I feel about it. So, I am very happy with this year. The wait is killing me. I am dying for the film to come out," Shahid added.