- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Will Not Marry In 2018, But 2019 It Is! Read Details
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria today said appropriate action would be taken if anyone tried to disturb law-and-order in the state during the release of Hindi film 'Padmavati', which has courted controversy.
He, however, added that if the film, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, had any objectionable content, it should be removed as Rajput queen Padmavati was an icon of India.
"If anyone tries to disturb law-and-order, appropriate action will be taken. Issues can be sorted out through talks and if there is any objectionable content in the film, it should be removed," Kataria told reporters here when asked about the threats of protests by Rajput outfits if the film was released in the state.
The BJP leader said Rani Padmavati should not be seen from a caste viewpoint.
"Rani Padmavati is an icon of the country and if there is anything insulting (about her) in the film, it should be corrected," he added.
Meanwhile, a letter issued by the deputy superintendent of police (DSP) yesterday, in reference to a letter from the superintendent of police (SP), had created a confusion as to whether there was a ban on the film's release in Udaipur.
The SP, however, clarified later that there was no such ban.
"No ban has been imposed on the film in Udaipur and there is no such direction," SP Rajendra Prasad said.
Members of the Rajput community have been protesting against 'Padmavati', while accusing Bhansali of distorting historic facts about Rani Padmavati of Chittorgarh.
The film is set to hit the screens across the country on December 1.
See Pictures: Siddharth Malhotra & Sonakshi Sinha At Gauri Khan Store