TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Pahlaj Nihalani's latest outing Julie 2 starring Raai Laxmi tanked miserably at the box office. But that hasn't dampened the spirit of this ex- CBFC chief who is now looking forward to make more films.
While talking to Mid-Day, Nihalani revealed that he is keen to cast some big names in a sequel to his 1993 action comedy flick 'Aankhein' starring Govinda and Chunky Panday. Read more details below...
Pahlaj told the tabloid, "Ranveer and Arjun are No 1 on my wish-list. I want them to play the leads in Aankhen Chaar."
The Reason For His Choice
"They have great chemistry. With each character playing a double role, we will see two Ranveers and two Arjuns, along with a chimpanzee."
He Already Has A Back-Up Plan Ready
If things don't materialize with Ranveer and Arjun then Pahlaj already has a back-up plan ready. He told the daily, "Ranbir and Imran will also make an excellent combination, as will Ranbir and Shahid [Kapoor] and Ayushmann [Khurrana] and Rajkummar [Rao]."
The Common Thing Between Aankhen & The Sequel
The animal will be the only common thread between the original, and the new version.
His Film Will Have Indian Values
"The subject will be completely different. It should reflect current times. It should be modern, keeping the trends and the youth's preferences in mind. It will have Indian values and sentiments at its core, but, will be one that appeals to the youth," he says, confirming that it will be a comedy since "people want entertainment".
He Has Plans To Direct A Film Too
Nihalani added, "Julie 2 has taught me valuable lessons. I have learned the market trends."