- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Swara Bhaskar On Her Controversial Masturbation Scene From VDW: Wanted It To Look Comic, Not Vulgar
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Swara Bhaskar Shuts Down Haters Who Trolled Her For Masturbation Scene In Veere Di Wedding!
- Veere Di Wedding First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection Is Jaw-Dropping!
- Veere Di Wedding Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collection!
Swara Bhaskar starred in a video alongside Taapsee Pannu addressing the issue of 'How much cleavage is good cleavage' and the clip received positive response from many. Swara doesn't really hesitate to talk about women's sexuality and desires and said that people who still feel uncomfortable talking about it, need to change their mindset for good! She said,
"People are squeamish about female sexuality. We are embarrassed about female sexuality and the female body, and if someone talks about it in a normal way, the reaction is 'oh my God'. The 'hawww' feeling (of being astonished) is big one in the lives of women; it's silly and wrong. It is reflective of the kind of society we live in."
She further commented that society will not change immediately but the process will take time. "It will be slow, but we will get there. The media also plays an important role in bringing about change. There was a time when sati and child marriage were accepted practices, but over the years, it has changed. So will this (outlook towards women)."
Swara Bhaskar also revealed that change can only happen when society is "creating a public discourse that is supportive of women and women who are open about their lives, struggles and their bodies".
On the work front, her latest fim Anaarkali of Arrah spoke loud and clear about 'consent' and the film is bold and endearing. However, the movie could not make an impact at the box office and just collected a mere sum of Rs 10 Lakhs on the first day of its release and further dipped in the coming days.