- Nick Jonas Ex-girlfriend Devastated; Feels She Can’t Compete With Hottie Priyanka Chopra!
- Priyanka Chopra Is Super-awesome, Says Nick Jonas' Brother Kevin
- HOT SCOOP! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan STOPS Abhishek Bachchan To Sign His Next Opposite Priyanka Chopra
- Despite Being HIGHEST PAID Heroine Of Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra's Fee For Bharat Is Staggering!
- Priyanka Chopra's Friends Warn Her Not To Get Too Close To Nick Jonas; This Reason To Be Blamed?
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Are Not Interested In Each Other? Their Body Language Says It All
- Varun Dhawan & Ayushmann Khurrana React To Priyanka Chopra's Quantico Controversy!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Denies To COMPROMISE Just To Get A Film Opposite Shahrukh Khan [Inside Details]
- Rishi Kapoor Calls Donald Trump A CLOWN & Praises Kim Jong Un!
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Look Deeply In Love; Indulge In Some Cute PDA At His Cousin's Wedding!
- Pooja Bhatt SLAMS Trolls For Calling Priyanka Chopra To Apologise For The Latest Quantico Episode!
- Priyanka Chopra Apologises For 'Indian Nationalists' Terror Plot In 'Quantico'
Priyanka Chopra is currently on a professional high. After showcasing her acting prowess in Bollywood, the actress has been showered with equal amount of love in the West too. Right from slaying at the red carpets to featuring on various renowned magazine covers, PeeCee has been the talk of the town.
In her latest interview with Vogue, the actress voices India's obsession with fairness cream and gets candid about how she regrets doing a fairness cream commercial years ago. Read on to know more...
A Lot Of Girls With Darker Skin Hear Things
PeeCee was quoted as saying, "A lot of girls with a darker skin hear things like, "Oh, poor thing, she's dark." In India they advertise skin-lightening creams: "Your skin's gonna get lighter in a week."
A Girl With Insecurities
She added, "I used it [when I was very young]. Then when I was an actor, around my early twenties, I did a commercial for a skin-lightening cream. I was playing that girl with insecurities."
How She Regretted Doing It
Priyanka said, "And when I saw it, I was like, "Oh shit. What did I do?" I started talking about being proud of the way I looked. I actually like my skin tone."
PeeCee Made Sure She Pulled Out Of The Ad Deal
While talking to the Paper magazine, Priyanka elaborated more, "So I did this cream commercial and when I saw it, it made me feel like crap. It reminded me of what I felt like when I was a little girl. I was like, ‘Oh my god, this is what I felt like. Like what I have is not good enough.' I got out of the contract and never did it again."
The Miserable Teenage Years
"It took me seeing myself advocating the thing that made my teenage years miserable, because it was normal and everyone did it. It was sold in stores right next to toothpaste. You don't understand the psychology of what it does to society," quipped the 'Quantico' actress.
Creams For Glowing Skin Is Different But...
"When I did it is when I understood it. Creams for glowing skin is different, but as soon as it says ‘whitening,' it's like, what?"
Recently, Abhay Deol had created quite a stir when he called out all Bollywood actors who endorsed such creams. Celebs like Kangana Ranaut, Ranbir Kapoor, Kalki Koechlin have also been quite vocal about turning down fair cream endorsements.