- Isha Ambani's Engagement In Italy: Priyanka Chopra Makes A Stunning Bridesmaid; Nick Jonas Joins Her
- Nick Jonas Opens Up About His Fiancee Priyanka Chopra, Reveals How He Fell In Love With Her!
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Cozy With Nick Jonas In Texas; Their Vacation Photos Look Too Much Fun!
- Priyanka Chopra Reveals She's Asthmatic, Says It Can't Stop Her From Achieving Her Goals!
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- 'Happy Birthday Baby': Priyanka Chopra Wishes Nick Jonas On His Birthday With A Sweet Kiss!
- Salman Khan's Habit Of Arriving Late Pissed Priyanka Chopra; A Source Close To PeeCee Hits Back!
- Priyanka Chopra Would Either Wear Sweatshirt Or ‘Nothing At All’ For A Date Night With Nick Jonas!
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Redefine Love In These Mushy Photos, Are You Ready To Go 'Awww'?
- Priyanka Chopra Reveals Her & Nick Jonas' Celebrity Nickname & Leaves Him Embarrassed!
- Bhai Se Panga! Priyanka Chopra Left Bharat Because She Doesn’t Want To Work With Me: Salman Khan
- Nick Jonas Shared An Open Kiss With This Beauty Before He Met Priyanka Chopra!
At a time when our Bollywood celebrities choose to refrain from giving their opinion on any topic in order to stay away from controversies, Priyanka Chopra is quite clear that if she has an opinion on something then she will definitely voice it.
In fact, PeeCee's recent emotional post on the Nirbhaya verdict went viral for all the right reasons.
The actress who is now eagerly waiting for the release of her first Hollywood debut Baywatch recently gave an interview to Hindustan Times where she spoke about her film, stereotypes and much more. Excerpts...
Public Figures In General Are Soft Targets
I don't usually refrain from talking. I am opinionated and if I have an opinion on something, I will voice it. I can't say that it's really difficult to have an opinion in India. Every country is different and we are too.
But I do believe that public figures in general are soft targets, because it's easier to make a headline about someone saying something. Then it's sometimes misconstrued and that gets blown out of proportion. But, I can't speak on behalf of everyone in Bollywood.
I Don't Think Of Baywatch As My First Film In America
When asked about her life coming to a full circle with her being first in limelight for her villain act in Aitraaz to playing a negative character in Baywatch, PC said, "Honestly, I don't have time to make these comparisons. I didn't think of this as my first film in America."
She further added, "To me, it's my next film, because it's not just America that is going to see my film, the entire world is. I have done over 50 films and people who like my work and know me for my films, will also watch Baywatch."
I Can't Single Handedly Hold A Mashaal & Say That I Am Here To Change The World's Perception Of Indian Actors
That was the idea behind doing Quantico and now, my film. I can't single-handedly hold a mashaal and say that I am here to change the world's perception of Indian actors.
But in my individual journey, I will definitely never be stereotyped; I am very clear about that. I haven't done it in India as an actor so I definitely won't do it abroad.
People Have Understood The Kind Of Roles That I Would Choose
This is not to say that I haven't been offered stereotypical roles because sometimes the kinds of films that come to me are the stereotype of what an Indian girl should be.
But now, the films that come to me are varied. I think people have understood the kind of roles that I would choose and that's a good place to be.
On Dwayne Johnson Calling Her A 'Great Tequilla Drinker'
I think it is his favourite drink. He loved the idea that at every red carpet I have been to, I've had tequila shots, which helps eventually, because when you are inside, you are not inhibited.