- Priyanka Chopra Meets Rohingya Refugees In Bangladesh, Calls On PM Hasina
- Did Deepika Padukone Offend Priyanka Chopra & Her Fans? Gets Bashed Mercilessly For Being 'Jealous'
- They Desperately Need Our Help: Priyanka On Meeting Rohingya Refugee Kids
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Magical At Prince Harry-Meghan Markle's Wedding & The After Party! [PICS]
- Disha Patani's Dream To Work With Salman Khan Comes True, Joins Bharat After Priyanka Chopra!
- Beach Bum! Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Her Chiseled Body While Looking Red Hot In A Monokini [Pictures]
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Priyanka Chopra's Blazer Dress Memes Will Make You Burst Out With Laughter!
- Priyanka Chopra Secretly Got Married? A Mangalsutra On Her Wrist Is Making Us Curious!
- Priyanka Chopra Drops A Major Hint About Her Film With Salman Khan Bharat & Says She's Damn Excited!
- Pink Paradise! Why Women Look So Hot In Pink Bra's
Priyanka Chopra spilled the beans about her struggle in Bollywood back in the days and said that she faced abuse of power and was also thrown out of films at the last minute as the director/actor's girlfriend was recommend. She opened up by saying,
"I am very fierce. People are a little bit scared of me. When I walk into a room, I make sure that no one can... Yes, I have had situations when I have been thrown out of films because someone else was recommended... A girlfriend was recommended after I was signed for a movie. So, that's an abuse of power... Girlfriend of the hero or girlfriend of the director."
"I couldn't do anything about it. I was removed last minute from many such situations because I never catered to the whims and fancies of powerful men. I only cater to my colleagues and friends who give me respect."
"I was treated in a different way because I commanded that, and it was because I had the strength and support of my family," quipped Priyanka Chopra.
It's For Everyone
Priyanka Chopra had previously revealed that "Men also go through casting couch," and the co-host of the show Rithvik Dhanjani supported her statements.
Rithvik Dhanjani said, "It's the lower level people who want to take advantage of the struggling newcomers. Big directors and producers never do such things. I've been lucky to have worked with good people in the industry."
Priyanka also talked about the #MeToo movement and said, "I think it has struck a chord with everyone in the world. You have all seen what happened with the Me Too hashtag. It was not just restricted to the US... It went all over the world."
"Different countries have different cultural boundaries. Meryl Streep can stand up and talk against the President over there (in US). They can sell anti-Trump memorabilia outside his house. It's just a different way we live in our nation and we need to respect it."
"I wouldn't call women victims, I would call them survivors. But there shouldn't be a world where women have to survive, there should be a world where women thrive."