TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
The Western media has once again mistaken a Bollywood star's name and this time they goofed up between Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. The American paparazzi mistook Priyanka for Deepika at the Los Angeles airport and this has not gone down well with both the actresses.
When Priyanka was asked about this at an event, she said,
"That was unfair and a serious case of ignorance. It's not right, every brown girl does not look the same. Indians constitute one-fifth of the world's population and the representation of our prolific film industry in world cinema is our responsibility. We have to put ourselves out there."
Priyanka Chopra finally opened up about the mix up of names which the Western media usually does.
PeeCee has a received good press from the Western media and any provocation against them may actually backfire.
"Absolutely. It's not just me being offended. Everyone should be offended," said Deepika.
"It is not just ignorance, it is racist.." Said Deepika.
"That was unfair and a serious case of ignorance," quipped Priyanka.
Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra have tried their luck in Hollywood in 2017.
Right On Top
Both the actresses are currently on top of their game since close to two years and more.
Of course, the mix up can hurt anyone and Priyanka and Deepika rightfully feel bad about it.
We hope the Western media will put a complete full stop to the name mix up henceforth.