- Priyanka Chopra Meets Rohingya Refugees In Bangladesh, Calls On PM Hasina
- Did Deepika Padukone Offend Priyanka Chopra & Her Fans? Gets Bashed Mercilessly For Being 'Jealous'
- They Desperately Need Our Help: Priyanka On Meeting Rohingya Refugee Kids
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Magical At Prince Harry-Meghan Markle's Wedding & The After Party! [PICS]
- Disha Patani's Dream To Work With Salman Khan Comes True, Joins Bharat After Priyanka Chopra!
- Beach Bum! Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Her Chiseled Body While Looking Red Hot In A Monokini [Pictures]
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Priyanka Chopra's Blazer Dress Memes Will Make You Burst Out With Laughter!
- Priyanka Chopra Secretly Got Married? A Mangalsutra On Her Wrist Is Making Us Curious!
- Priyanka Chopra Drops A Major Hint About Her Film With Salman Khan Bharat & Says She's Damn Excited!
- Pink Paradise! Why Women Look So Hot In Pink Bra's
Priyanka Chopra faced the ire of the Sikkimese people for calling their state "troubled by insurgency" at the Toronto International Film Festival, when in fact, Sikkim has been insurgency free for more than 30 years and is a very peaceful state. To add more insult, she said Sikkim has no film industry of it's own, and the truth is, Sikkim has a film industry and has given several hit movies too!
Sikkim MP, Prem Das Rai, urged people to ignore Priyanka Chopra's statements as she doesn't know what she's talking about. "She definitely doesn't have her facts correct. Sikkim has been an insurgency free state for three decades but she didn't know that. She is travelling internationally, is perhaps why she doesn't have much knowledge about what is happening here back in India."
"She is a star in her own right and Sikkim is a star in its own right. We should bury this issue without sensationalising it any further," said Sikkim MP Prem Das Rai.
He also said Priyanka Chopra has apologised for her statements and we should just move on, "She has made some regrets about it."
Forgive & Forget
"We should not make a mountain out of a molehill," said Prem Das Rai.
We're Human, After All!
"Yes, she made a factually incorrect statement about an Indian state on the international platform, but everybody makes mistakes. It's okay," summed up Sikkim MP Prem Das Rai.
Just For Laugh
People made fun of Priyanka Chopra on Twitter by saying that someday she might say Mumbai is financially poor, when in fact it's the financial capital of India.
Now That's Something!
Another user replied that she might even say Bangalore has no IT companies, when in fact, it's filled with IT companies.
Trollers At Work
Trollers made the most out of Priyanka Chopra's blunder and poked fun at her statements on Sikkim.
Some even went ahead and said that she's doing this on purpose just to promote her upcoming film Pahuna, which is based on Sikkim.
Some even questioned on what rights did she cry foul when someone in America called her brown, when in fact, she herself spreads false narrative about her own country's peaceful state.
Well, now that Priyanka Chopra has apologised, it's time to forgive and forget and move on.