- Ekta Kapoor’s Box Cricket League 2018 Strikes Right Chord; Scores BIG On MTV!
- Ever Seen Aishwarya Rai Bachchan HANGING OUT With Drama Queen Rakhi Sawant? You've To See Their Pic!
- Happy Birthday Deepika Padukone: TV Actors Share Their Favourite Deepika Padukone Movies
- #HappyNewYear: Additi Gupta, Aly Goni & Other TV Celebs Wish For Success & Happiness In 2018
- HILARIOUS! Rakhi Sawant Wants To Give This Gift To Newly Weds Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma
- Rakhi Sawant On Condom Ad Ban During Prime Time: 'The Government Wants Indians To Get AIDS'
A court in Ludhiana on Thursday granted bail to actress Rakhi Sawant, who appeared before in wearing a burqa to avoid being detected, in a case related to objectionable remarks against sage Valmiki.
Rakhi surrendered before the court on Thursday, a day ahead of the hearing of the case against her.
The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrants against her last month and directed police to ensure her presence in the court on July 7.
Court sources said that the actress had submitted an "unconditional apology" to the Valmiki community for her earlier remarks made on a TV show last year following which a complaint was filed against her with the Ludhiana police.
Rakhi got the bail after furnishing two bonds of Rs one lakh each. She later left for Mumbai.
The court had issued non-bailable warrants against her in march this year and a Punjab Police team had gone to Mumbai to arrest her. However, it returned empty-handed as she was not found at her given address.