- Mahika Sharma Was Manhandled During Rath Yatra, Says She Was Pushed To Be Slapped!
- Rakhi Sawant Abuses Television Actress Mahika Sharma; Says She Would Contract AIDS!
- Post Race 3 Success, Rakhi Sawant & Arshi Khan Demand Rs 5 Crore From Salman Khan; Here’s Why!
- Krushna Abhishek-Kashmira Shah’s Twins’ Grand Birthday Bash: Adaa Khan, Karan Mehra & Others Attend
- Rakhi Sawant Reveals Why She Resorted To Surgery!
- Arshi Khan Clarifies About Her Controversial Tweet On Shahid Afridi, Says It Was A ‘Mistake’!
A court in Ludhiana on Thursday granted bail to actress Rakhi Sawant, who appeared before in wearing a burqa to avoid being detected, in a case related to objectionable remarks against sage Valmiki.
Rakhi surrendered before the court on Thursday, a day ahead of the hearing of the case against her.
The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrants against her last month and directed police to ensure her presence in the court on July 7.
Court sources said that the actress had submitted an "unconditional apology" to the Valmiki community for her earlier remarks made on a TV show last year following which a complaint was filed against her with the Ludhiana police.
Rakhi got the bail after furnishing two bonds of Rs one lakh each. She later left for Mumbai.
The court had issued non-bailable warrants against her in march this year and a Punjab Police team had gone to Mumbai to arrest her. However, it returned empty-handed as she was not found at her given address.