TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
A court in Ludhiana on Thursday granted bail to actress Rakhi Sawant, who appeared before in wearing a burqa to avoid being detected, in a case related to objectionable remarks against sage Valmiki.
Rakhi surrendered before the court on Thursday, a day ahead of the hearing of the case against her.
The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrants against her last month and directed police to ensure her presence in the court on July 7.
Court sources said that the actress had submitted an "unconditional apology" to the Valmiki community for her earlier remarks made on a TV show last year following which a complaint was filed against her with the Ludhiana police.
Rakhi got the bail after furnishing two bonds of Rs one lakh each. She later left for Mumbai.
The court had issued non-bailable warrants against her in march this year and a Punjab Police team had gone to Mumbai to arrest her. However, it returned empty-handed as she was not found at her given address.