- NTR Biopic: Rana Daggubati's Look As Chandrababu Naidu Is Out; Photo Inside
- NTR Biopic: Rana Daggubati Opens Up About Shooting At The Mass Leader's House
- RIP Harikrishna: Balakrishna, Jr NTR And Others Pay Their Last Respects To The Actor
- SIIMA Short Film Awards 2018: Rana Daggubati Sports A New Look At The Event, View Pics
- Vidya Balan About The NTR Biopic: It Has Been A Really Nice Experience
- NTR Biopic: Sumanth Gets Trolled For Playing ANR In The Balakrishna Starrer And Here's Why
Rana Daggubati has written a letter to the President of India Pranab Mukherjee drawing attention to the need to acknowledge the country's unsung heroes by saying that civilians need to know about tales of bravery from our Indian armed forces.
Rana's upcoming film The Ghazi Attack features him as Lieutenant Commander Arjun Varma, who was part of a mission conducted by the Indian Navy against the Pakistani naval force in 1971. Varma is said to have remained underwater for 18 days during the war.
During the course of working on the film, Rana met some real navy officers who were on board. Hearing their experiences moved the actor to write a letter to the President. Rana was quoted as saying, "Post 'Ghazi', a civilian like me has understood a lot about victorious battles that have been fought by all our armed forces on the borders so as to keep us safe. As a civilian I did not know about these victorious tales and like me there are many others who did not know much about it. To us, it's a letter to acknowledge these heroes and make sure we know more about these unsung heroes and their tales of victory."
His movie rekindles the mystery of what caused the sinking of the PNS Ghazi. It also features Atul Kulkarni, Kay Kay Menon, Taapsee Panu and late veteran actor Om Puri. The Ghazi Attack is set to hit the theatres on February 17, 2017.