- Rani Mukerji: We Are Actors & Not Models; We Have To First Do Justice To Who We Are On Screen!
- Rani Mukherji's Open Letter On Her Birthday Is A Tight Slap To The Double Standards Of Bollywood!
- HE PROVED THEM WRONG! Ajay Devgn Was Told By People That 'He Is Not A Hero Material'
- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- WHOM IS SHE HINTING AT? Rani Mukherji's Take On Pay Disparity Will Give Major Burns To Some Actors
Rani Mukherji's heart-wrenching portrayal of a specially-abled in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's critically acclaimed film Black still continues to give us goosebumps ven today. And now if the latest buzz is to be believed then actress will be pulling off a 'special' character in her next film too.
As per a recent report, Rani will play a differently-abled character in her next to be produced by YRF.
A DNA report quoted a source as saying, "Initially, Emraan Hashmi was to produce the film and also act in it. However, for some reasons, he let go of the project and turned producer with another film. Sidharth approached Abhishek Bachchan, next, but he kept dilly-delaying. And now, it is being produced by YRF with Rani as the central character.
The source further added, "The film revolved around a guy who has disability wherein he uncontrollably jumped and shouted while talking. That's why Emraan and Abhishek had shown interest. When Siddharth took the film to YRF, both Aditya and Rani liked the script. Adi agreed to produce the film but asked Siddharth to change the protagonist-turn the hero into a heroine. That's how Rani came into the picture! "
It would be quite interesting to watch Rani doing yet another power-packed role! The actress was last seen in Mardaani.