- Dulquer Salmaan Confirms His Association With Zoya Factor!
- Sonam Kapoor ATTACKS Donald Trump Over Elephant Hunting! Calls Him Imbecile
- CRUEL WORLD! Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slammed For CUTTING CAKE On Her 21st Birthday Post Sridevi's Demise
- Sridevi's Daughter Jhanvi Kapoor Turns 21! Sonam Kapoor Calls Her The Strongest Girl Ever
- Bollywood Stars Wearing SCAMSTER Nirav Modi's Jewellery Collection! View Pictures
- Farewell Sridevi! Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor And Others Attend The Funeral
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- OMG! Sonam Kapoor Talks About Bhansali, Says I Don't Think I Am His Kind Of Actor
- Angry Sonam Kapoor SLAMS A Journalist When Asked About Deleting Deepika Padukone's PadMan Video!
- ENGAGED OR NOT? Sonam Kapoor's HILAROUS Reply When Asked About The 'Ring' On Her Finger
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan SKIPS Kapoor Clan Wedding; Shweta Bachchan BUMPS INTO Abhishek's EX Karisma!
- Akshay Kumar's Padman Must Be Shown In Village Schools & Hostels! Says Scientist Maya Vishwakarma
We love Sonam Kapoor for not mincing her words and calling a spade a spade. Sonam, who believes in speaking her mind recently wrote a blog about online trolls for HT. And as expected, she gave her fearless opinion about the topic.
Read below to know why the beautiful actress said that she is not a bimbo.
You Might Call Me A Nachne Waali
Let's get straight to the point. You might call me a ‘bimbo', a ‘naachne wali', but you know what, I'm a terribly self-assured woman. I have a strong sense of self and I don't need you to tell me who I am. I would not have the balls to do what I do, wear what I wear or say what I say, if I didn't have self-worth.
The Trolls Can Be Sexist
The trolls can be sexist and judgmental but I know I'm smart and capable of expressing an opinion. I'm a successful woman, a feminist, a humanist, a national award winner and I say this with a great sense of pride and satisfaction: I get to live a fairy tale life every single day.
Just Because I Am An Actor Doesn't Mean I Can't Have An Opinion
I walk the international stage, I'm an avid reader with a library full of books, I am a consumer of news, an engaged Indian and so very capable of having a discussion on any issue, with anyone. Just because I'm an actor, it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.
I Have Spoken For Sonakshi & Anushka
I've spoken up often. I spoke up when the sets of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film, Padmavati, were vandalised. I have spoken up against meat bans. I've taken sides with my colleagues and spoken up when Sonakshi Sinha was fat-shamed or Anushka Sharma, an amazingly talented actress, was picked on only because people think they have the right to comment on our sizes or our boyfriends.
I Am Not A Bimbo
I will always speak up. I am not a bimbo. When you use that word, it reflects on you, not me. Let's loosen up guys. Let's be witty; let's engage, let's agree to disagree; let's cut out the abuse.
People Think We Don't Have Brains
People think we don't have brains because we dress up and look beautiful. Thankfully, I'm comfortable under my skin and in my head. I grew up learning Kathak and love to dance. I'm a student of Indian history and have walked into adulthood being proud of what India stands for.
Doesn't Matter I've Voted For Narendra Modi Or Not
Now, you pounce on us when we criticise the government. Why can't I criticise the government? Isn't that what democracy is all about. It doesn't matter whether I've voted for Narendra Modi or not. Either way, we have a right to ask questions.
I Was Wrong When I Wrote Shobha De Is 60 Something P*rn Writer
I admit that there have been times when I have reacted to the abuse that comes my way. Yes, I've fallen for the bait but have also apologised. I responded when author Shobhaa De said, "(Sonam Kapoor) doesn't cut it in the sex appeal stakes.'' My parents made me realise I was wrong to have hit out at her, saying, "60 something p*rn writer."
My Father Showed Me The Mirror
I'm glad that my father, Anil Kapoor, has helped me to focus on the glass half full. I'm glad he showed me the mirror.
Sonam Kapoor added, ''Dear trolls, you need to be more intelligent. It's easy for me to block and report you and I've done that liberally, but I'm also capable of forgiveness, for you know not what you do. Try and get out of your bigoted mindset. Else, you're nothing but illiterate, uneducated extremists.''