- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Swiss Honour For Sridevi! Switzerland To Install A Statue Of Bollywood's 'Chandni'
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
Baahubali 2 has set a new benchmark by crossing Rs 1000 crore at the box office. No one ever imagined that a film from Tollywood would break all the records.
The stars of the movie are basking in the success of the movie including Ramya Krishnan, who played the role of 'Rajamata Sivagami Devi'. But did you know Sridevi was the first choice for this role. Shocked? Now read why she missed this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Here's What Happened
According to TOI, ''Director Rajamouli had approached Sridevi through director Raghavendra Rao.''
Sridevi Demanded A Huge Fee
''The actress reportedly demanded Rs 6 crore for the role which eventually fell in the lap of Ramya Krishnan.''
Ramya Charged Rs 2.5 Crore For The Same Role
''It is said that the charming Ramya Krishnan has charged Rs 2.5 crore for the same role and was immediately on board for the role.''
Sridevi Chose Puli Instead
It is said instead of Baahubali, Sridevi chose the role of an evil princess in hero Vijay's 'Puli', that became a disaster at the box office. How unfortunate!
What Made Ramya Say 'Yes' To This Role
Ramya told a leading daily, ''She's not an ordinary woman. She's fierce, independent and a warrior with both good and bad sides to her character. Filmmakers don't approach me with such characters often.''
When I Heard The Narration, I Got Goosebumps
''When I heard the narration, I got goosebumps. Rajamouli sir brought the entire film before my eyes. After some time, I couldn't see Sivagami; I saw only myself. ''
I Fell In Love The Way This Scene Was Presented
''In particular, there's this flashback portion where I come with the child, kill a person and sit on the throne. I fell in love with the way it was presented. Before Padayappa, you were one of many actresses. After it, you became a phenomenon.''
How She Chooses Her Films
''Sometimes, I choose films to be remembered. Some other times, the script is so impressive. I also select films for the character I play in them!''
When I Was A Heroine
''When I was a heroine though, I chose projects based on how many songs I was in and the number of scenes I had with the hero (Laughs). Now, it has all changed.''
Well, we think no one could have played the role of Sivagami better than Ramya Krishnan. What say readers?