TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
At the launch of a book on the legendary Raj Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor objected to the presence of journalists, who got the invitation from the publisher himself.
As per a report by IANS, what was supposed to be a special event, graced by the five children of Raj Kapoor, turned out to be a difficult evening.
Here's What Happened
Coming face to face with Rishi Kapoor as he stepped out of the washroom adjacent to the venue of the book release, he asked in an agitated voice, for reasons best known to him, "aap log kaun hain" of three journalists waiting to enter.
Muft Ki Daru Comment
On credentials being presented, he walked off, muttering "muft ki daru...". His personal security arrived and asked the three journalists to accompany them out of the hall and to the lobby area of the hotel.
Rishi Didn't Want Them To Attend The Event
They said: "Mr Kapoor doesn't want you guys here, please leave." A representative of the publisher, who had arrived at the spot, requested that Kapoor's personal security staff be spoken to.
You Know How Rishi Is...
The ITC Maurya security in-charge resisted, saying: "You know how Rishi Kapoor is. He has created a scene at our hotel twice in the past."
The publicist from HarperCollins apologised while also adding that there are a lot of other stakeholders in such events that involve celebrities. "Please come in, grab a drink or two," he said, 20 minutes after the event had begun. This correspondent, however, chose to leave.