- Rishi Kapoor Admits He Admires Ranbir Kapoor's GF Alia Bhatt; Talks About Her Like Never Before!
- Rishi Kapoor Once FIRED Sanjay Dutt For Spoiling Ranbir Kapoor & Said 'Isko Tere Jaisa Mat Bana'
- Rishi Kapoor Calls Donald Trump A CLOWN & Praises Kim Jong Un!
- UGLY SPAT! Salman Khan THRASHES Rishi Kapoor For DISRESPECTING His Family? Says He Won't Respect Him
- Ranbir Kapoor Got Emotional When Rishi Kapoor Did This For The FIRST Time In The Last Ten Years!
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Teary-eyed After Watching Ranbir Kapoor In Sanju Trailer!
- Rishi Kapoor: This Is An Era Of Actors, Non Actors Won’t Survive!
- 102 Not Out Review: Amitabh Bachchan & Rishi Kapoor Win This Match With Their First-Rate Innings!
- Rishi Kapoor's Message To Young Actors: Observation Is The Tool For Becoming Good Actor, Not Gymming
- Rishi Kapoor On Ranbir Kapoor's Failures: If His One Film Flops Like Jagga Jasoos He Has No Work
- Has Ranbir Kapoor Stopped Believing In Love? Ready For Arranged Marriage? Rishi Kapoor Drops A Hint
- Rajma Chawal: Amyra Dastur's First Look Has 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' Connection'!
Rishi Kapoor's latest autobiography 'Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored' is currently the talk of the town for all the startling confessions that the actor has made in the book. From talking about his love for booze to his father Raj Kapoor's affairs with his leading ladies Nargis and Vyjayanthimala, the veteran actor has said it all.
We recently came across an excerpt from the book which was published by NTDV where Rishi revealed some shocking details about the 'Shahenshah' of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan with whom he shared screen space in several films.
Here's what he had to say...
1. Directors And Writers Reserved Their Strongest, Pivotal roles For Amitabh Bachchan
"To go back to Amitabh, I must confess there is still a lingering issue I have with Amitabh Bachchan. A big disadvantage of working in an all-star movie in those days was that everybody only wanted to make action films, which automatically meant that the star who could carry off action with the most flair would get the meatiest part. That's how, with the exception of Kabhi Kabhie, which was a romantic film, none of the multi-starrers I featured in had an author-backed role for me. Directors and writers unfailingly reserved their strongest, pivotal roles for Amitabh Bachchan. And it wasn't just me. Shashi Kapoor, Shatrughan Sinha, Dharmendra, Vinod Khanna faced it too."
2. We May Have Been Smaller Stars, We Were Not Lesser Actors Than Him
"Amitabh is undeniably a superb actor, immensely talented and, at the time, the number one star who ruled the box-office. He was an action hero, the angry young man. So roles were written for him. Although we may have been smaller stars, we were not lesser actors. Yet, the rest of us had to constantly measure up to him. We had to work hard, really exert ourselves to match up."
"In my time, the musical/romantic hero had no place. Amitabh was an action hero in an era of action films. As such, writers gave him the lion's share and he had the authorbacked roles in almost all his films. This gave him an advantage over the rest of us who had to make our presence felt with whatever we got."
3. Amitabh Bachchan Has Never Given Due Credit To The Actors Who Have Worked With Him
Rishi wrote,"But this is something that Amitabh has never ever admitted to, in any interview or book. He has never given due credit to the actors who have worked with him. He has always credited his writers and directors, Salim-Javed, Manmohan Desai, Prakash Mehra, Yash Chopra and Ramesh Sippy. But it is also true that his co-stars had an undeniable role in his success. Shashi Kapoor in Deewaar (1975), Rishi Kapoor in Amar Akbar Anthony and Coolie or Vinod Khanna, Shatrughan Sinha and Dharmendra all contributed to the success of his films where they shared credit with him, even if in secondary roles. This is something no one has realized or acknowledged."
4. Today, If Shah Rukh Khan Is Ruling The Roost, Salman, Aamir Or Hrithik Will Not Accept A Secondary Role
He further added, "But it was the way things were and we accepted it gracefully. Not because we considered ourselves inferior actors but because tedha sikka chal raha tha (that was the coin of the day). It cannot happen today. No Khan works with another Khan. Nobody is willing to work with any other hero on such unequal terms. Today, if Shah Rukh Khan is ruling the roost, Salman, Aamir or Hrithik will not accept a secondary role. Vinod Khanna was damn good in Khoon Pasina, Shatrughan Sinha shone in Kaala Patthar, Shashi uncle was superb in Kabhi Kabhie. But if they remained unappreciated, it was because they were working at a disadvantage. But still we worked together amicably.
We wonder how Big B will react to Rishi's relevations! What do you guys think?