- WOW! Why Kareena Said, ''I Appreciate Actors Like Kangana Ranaut & Nepotism Doesn't Exist''?
- HE'S THE CUTEST! A Pony-Tailed Taimur Gazing At His Dad Saif's Photo Will Melt Your Heart Right Away
- HARD TO BELIEVE! Why Saif Ali Khan Slept In A Different Room After KISSING First Wife Amrita Singh
- TOO POSSESSIVE? Kareena Kapoor Khan CRIES Every Time Saif Leaves; Even If It's For A Shoot!
- Birthday Bash! Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora & Amrita Arora Go WILD In Goa! Pictures
- IT CAN'T GET CUTER THAN THIS! Taimur Ali Khan's Play-Time With Daddy Saif Is A Priceless Moment
- Saif Ali Khan & R Madhavan In One Frame After 17 Years? This Might Just Happen; Read Details
- Bundle Of Joy! Taimur Tries To Comb His Hair & The Picture Looks So Cute
- BUT WHY? Soha Ali Khan Is SCARED To Have Taimur Too Close To Her Daughter Inaaya Naumi
- SO FUNNY! Saif Ali Khan Compares Taimur To A Drunk Baby
- When Saif WAS MARRIED TO Amrita! I have Seen Blue Films; Won't Do Anything To Hurt My Wife
- A HAPPY FAMILY! This Click Of Taimur Ali Khan With Parents Saif- Kareena Will Brighten Your Day
- SAD! Kangana Ranaut Was Heartbroken After Rangoon's Failure, Says It Was Targeted At Her
Saif Ali Khan is a doting father to baby Taimur. On the work front too, he is gearing up for the release of Rangoon which hits the theatrical screens tomorrow and has his platter full with films like Chef and Kaalagandi.
In a recent interview with Spotboye, the actor opened up about baby Taimur, his absence of social media and Aamir Khan.
Read on to know more...
Saif On Fatherhood
About baby Taimur, Saif said, "You never set your foot in the same river twice; life is constantly moving. This is a good time. I am very happy, excited and settled to have brought Taimur into this world."
On Why He Refrains From Using Social Media
The actor has a valid reason to explain his absence on social media. He was quoted saying, "I thought about it when it started. But if I have to keep thinking what to post to give a good impression to my fans about myself, it would make life a bit less natural for me. I would be only on a clicking spree- clicking my sons, daughter, wife, mom. Where will it stop?
Any event or film I do anyways does appear on social media, doesn't it? But trying to make a comment on everything will be putting too much of pressure on myself. I can't keep thinking all the time about what is the next cool thing to say. I would rather meet people in real life and talk to them directly and spontaneously.
I remember I consciously decided not to click pictures of Kareena when she was delivering Taimur. I wanted to see her face. I wanted to see that moment. If I had been immersed in my phone planning my posts on social media, I would have lost out on that moment. We are all chasing the camera. Why? Strike a balance, have your fun--- but that's not your entire life. People are dressing up for the picture, not for the party. It's good to have a party and talk to each other. But that's gone all so missing.
There's a nightclub in London where you can't take pictures, I think that's quite cool."
Saif Doesn't Want Taimur To Wear Designer Clothes In Childhood
Talking about how he is bonding with his newborn, Saif said, "I am looking forward to reading Ramayan, Mahabharat, Vikram Aur Betal and The Great Myths to Taimur. I am looking forward to building blocks. I am looking forward to play with toy cars. I am looking forward to painting. I am looking forward to making a ship, reading it up on the Net. It's going to be so much fun.
The big fun would be to make paper boats in the monsoon and have them race down the gutter in a building.
And I dont want Taimur to wear designer clothes in childhood. He should be in a normal ganji and jeans. It's tempting to dress up the kid like Tom Cruise's son- but that's not happening." (laughs)
Saif On Why He Wants Vishal Bhardwaj To Forgive Him
Saif is quite proud of Rangoon and added, "Vishal has offered me stuff which I haven't understood and hence not done, so I hope he forgives me for that.He has been patient when I told him that I am not relating to it, he has not held it against me. I remember Sajid Nadiadwala (producer of Rangoon) telling me that Rangoon is happening. I heard the script and i was jumping up and down. Vishal is a terrific director for sure. He is simply brilliant. Times are changing but it was hard to find so much culture in my career- like what is prevalent in Rangoon.
Rangoon is something we can show internationally, it's a film which I can proudly show it to my children. I will always be proud of it."
Saif Says He Has Become A Lot Calmer Now
Saif further said, "I feel edgy but at 46, I am a lot calmer now.I think I have inherited it from my father. My mother is restless. But my dad would happily get into a lungi-n-kurta and read, and play bridge. That does not mean that he had become lazy and was not getting anything from his life, in fact he was getting a lot in return.
Reading to some people might appear as if the person is just passing his/her time, but it is not known what enlightment he is getting from it. Reading opens one's mind and makes one so mature, it even adds to your acting capabilities.
'I Would Love To Be Like Aamir Khan'
The Chhote Nawab wants to take a cue from his 'Dil Chahta Hai' co-star and said, "I would love to be like Aamir Khan and do just 1 film in 1 or 2 years and be the main guy, you can then promote your film in your own way, you do interviews in your own way and not on funny shows, and you don't have to be a desperate entertainer looking to go everywhere and do eveything so that people come to watch your film. You can't even imagine the kind of publicity we are asked to do. This all takes the fun out from being an actor, and we start pretending to be all kinds of people."