- WOW! Why Kareena Said, ''I Appreciate Actors Like Kangana Ranaut & Nepotism Doesn't Exist''?
- HE'S THE CUTEST! A Pony-Tailed Taimur Gazing At His Dad Saif's Photo Will Melt Your Heart Right Away
- HARD TO BELIEVE! Why Saif Ali Khan Slept In A Different Room After KISSING First Wife Amrita Singh
- TOO POSSESSIVE? Kareena Kapoor Khan CRIES Every Time Saif Leaves; Even If It's For A Shoot!
- Birthday Bash! Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora & Amrita Arora Go WILD In Goa! Pictures
- IT CAN'T GET CUTER THAN THIS! Taimur Ali Khan's Play-Time With Daddy Saif Is A Priceless Moment
- Saif Ali Khan & R Madhavan In One Frame After 17 Years? This Might Just Happen; Read Details
- Bundle Of Joy! Taimur Tries To Comb His Hair & The Picture Looks So Cute
- BUT WHY? Soha Ali Khan Is SCARED To Have Taimur Too Close To Her Daughter Inaaya Naumi
- SO FUNNY! Saif Ali Khan Compares Taimur To A Drunk Baby
- When Saif WAS MARRIED TO Amrita! I have Seen Blue Films; Won't Do Anything To Hurt My Wife
- A HAPPY FAMILY! This Click Of Taimur Ali Khan With Parents Saif- Kareena Will Brighten Your Day
- Clash With Shahrukh Khan Turns KAPUT For Sara Ali Khan's Kedarnath; Mommy Amrita Singh LOSES COOL
Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh's daughter Sara Ali Khan is all set to make her debut in Bollywood. The actor, who is Sara's friend, philosopher and guide, says he does not want to control her.
Not just that, the actor also talked about his first wife Amrita Singh in a recent interview with Mumbai Mirror. Read it below.
Saif Talks About Sara
‘'I am like her friend, philosopher and guide. I don't want to control her, because it is not like one of those old-school star kids' launch where she has to talk to me or her mom to decide what she wants. I am content functioning in an advisory capacity to my daughter. ‘'
Amrita Gave Me Some Great Advice When I Entered The Industry
‘'My advice to her is to mainly focus on the art and figure out what kind of an actor she is, rather than getting distracted by other thoughts and politics. Sarah will also get great advice from her mom (Amrita Singh), who gave me some great advice when I entered the industry. She discusses things with me and I teach her, too. Though I wish I had followed my own advice (laughs!). I think Sarah will be a good actor as she is very passionate about it.''
On Taimur's Name Controversy
''This country has a lot of liberal and intelligent people. We have arts festivals, blues festivals and all of that, but at the same time, there are some right wing people, who could be following different religions but are uneducated and silly. And we don't have to always listen to them. God bless them...wherever they are, but they don't feature in my life. My son and his name have nothing to do with them or their views.''
I Think Taimur Is A Beautiful Name
''Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but I know that my children will be brought up differently and in an open-minded environment because that's how our parents were and that's who we are. We are proud to be Indians, but we are also proud of where we come from. The history of India is thousands of years old. This land has seen the British and the Mughals and more...and all of them have left their mark. I believe in that and I think Taimur is a beautiful name, and that's all there is to it. Any similarity with people living or dead is purely coincidental.''
On Not Joining The Social Media Sites
‘'Well, I grew up with a bit of a Victorian hangover, while we were also part of Bollywood. We were told not to talk too much to everybody, and I turned out to be more of a private person. It takes time for people like me to come out and speak about myself. Social media is great, but there is a downside to it, too. I think it should be about sharing rather than selling. This platform is not about news anymore; it is about making news.''
Promoting Myself Here Doesn't Come Naturally To Me
‘'I know it can be a lot of fun, but promoting myself here doesn't come naturally to me. I know the ups and downs of this because I come from both generations. I have witnessed the change; I guess being in your 40s gives you that advantage. I don't want to be stuck to my phone like most do. If I want to show people the way I am living - like taking pictures of the places I visit, Pataudi palace or my children, then I feel I'm doing it for the wrong reason.''
On Social Media, Everything I Say Has To Be To Create A Good Impression
‘'On social media, everything I say has to be to create a good impression, and I think that will take away from the kind of person I am. I know that sometimes, it is better to share news on this platform and tell the truth because there are some things that people will talk about anyway.''
On His Career: I Had A Shaky Start
‘'I had a very shaky start because I wasn't cut out in my mind or in other people's mind for this (Bollywood). I wasn't thinking like a hero or as an actor. Over the years, I started understanding the dynamics of the industry better. Films like Dil Chahta Hai and Kal Ho Naa Ho were important. I think holding my own in a Shahrukh Khan film was a big achievement at that time, and I also learnt a lot from him in terms of the kind of commitment a hero brings to a film.''
He added, ''After that, I was cast in Hum Tum and thereon, things changed. Well, there were highs and lows, and sometimes, one loses focus and a certain amount of excitement of going to work every day. I went through that phase a couple of years ago, where maybe I was being a little less passionate about what I was doing. I guess I needed a wake-up call. Sometimes when things don't work, you get a jolt and it makes you sit up and work that much harder.''