- Forget Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan; Taimur Steals The Thunder In London! View Pictures
- Ranbir Kapoor Is OBSESSED With This Person & Stalks Him At Every Given Opportunity!
- Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan Spotted Strolling The Streets Of London With Taimur [PICTURES]
- Saif Ali Khan Gets Notice From Bulgarian Govt For Wild Boar Hunting
- Kareena Kapoor Is Unstoppable; Fought The 'Wedding & Baby' Shackles In Bollywood
- Kareena Kapoor BLASTS Feminists For Their Non-stop Lecture, Says She's A Feminist In The RIGHT WAY
- Kareena Kapoor Khan & Saif Ai Khan Feel AWFUL About Taimur Getting Clicked Wherever He Goes!
- How A 'Worried' Saif Ali Khan Helped Sara Ali Khan In Bagging Rohit Shetty- Karan Johar's Simmba!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Thankful To Hubby Saif Ali Khan For Being Supportive After Taimur's Birth
- Rohit Shetty: Simmba Is Very Different From Singham!
- Here's What Kareena Kapoor Wants Taimur To Become When He Grows Up!
- Radhika Apte: Online Platforms Are Much More Bold & Daring As Compared To Movies!
Saif Ali Khan was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. But even after that his childhood was very difficult.
There was a time when Saif Ali Khan used to think that his maid was his real mother and not Sharmila Tagore. Read what Saif Ali Khan told TOI about his difficult childhood, changing Taimur's name and more below.
I Was Quite A Difficult Kid
''I was quite a difficult kid, I believe. As a young kid, I think I spent a lot of time on my own. My parents were quite busy, and I thought my ayah had given me birthday presents!''
I Thought The Maid Was My Mother
''It was really sad... I remember I said, 'Amma, see what Margaret gave me for my birthday'. And my mother's like, 'I have given you that!' I thought the maid was my mother, I think, for a while.''
I Thought About Changing Taimur's Name
When asked about Taimur, he said, ''I thought for a second about changing his name. For a couple of weeks. And Kareena was a little against it and she said, 'People respect you for your opinion and you can't'... So I said, yeah, but it's not about people. I don't want him to get unpopular. And I still might, maybe when he's one or two, I might change his name in a while, it's still sinking in, what to do.''
Saif Even Wrote A Letter About Changing Taimur's Name
''Someone in my PR agreed with me, and we drafted a small letter. And when I read it, it was so pathetic, that I cancelled the idea. Because it was really like, uhh, 'I'm sorry', and 'I didn't want to offend' and 'I'm an idiot', and you know, I've given in to pressure.''
The Letter Sounded Awful
''It just sounded awful. However you write it, it just wasn't sounding right. It was like I didn't realise where I live or what I'm doing. So I did think about it. I thought about it, but it was for the wrong reason.''
I Feel Taimur Might Get In Trouble In School Because Of His Name
''If I feel that he's going to get in trouble in school, I might change it still. It's a bit late now though. Or not. I don't know.''
He's Called Tim Khan
''Tim, that's what he's called (laughs). Tim Khan. Tim Pataudi. Timmy, Tim... What's your name? Taimur if it comes in... He's quite a fiery guy though, I must say.''
Taimur Yells, Not Cries
''I hope he doesn't already understand that it's a strong name. He makes his feelings felt very strongly. Yells, not cries. Stop doing what you're doing and he's fine.''
Did Saif Know About Timur Before Naming His Son Taimur?
"I had already read up on him. I came across Timur while doing an Art History paper, you know. I was studying Humayun's Tomb. And they say the reason the Kremlin and Humayun's Tomb and Taj Mahal have similar domes is because of Timur. It's because he sacked a mosque in Damascus, it was a wooden dome, and he had an artist copy it down.''
I Thought Timur Was Kind Of Cool
''He was a great patron of the arts, apart from what he obviously was - this hardcore, tall, deadly warrior. But I thought it was kind of cool when I was growing up.''
In the same interview, Saif Ali Khan added, ''Even today my daughter told me, why don't you say that you have not named him after Timur Lang, say that's Timur and this is Taimur. I said it still sounds similar. She says just say they have same roots. The name is nice and it sounds good and it means something nice but it is not named after that guy.''
Also Read: ONCE UPON A TIME! Did Deepika Padukone DITCH Rumoured Ex MS Dhoni For Yuvraj Singh? (See Pics)
''Well, yes, the name is the same, but the name also predates the person called Timur Lang. Incidentally, Timur Lang's son was Shah Rukh, who is the guy who supposedly said we should actually plunder India. A lot of fighting was done by his sons, but nobody has a problem with the name Shah Rukh," he added.