- Shivashish Mishra Had Connection With Salman Prior To Bigg Boss 12; Captured With Kareena & Saif!
- Bigg Boss 12: Fans Find ‘Thop Ki Salaami’ STUPID & CHEAP; Praise Sreesanth For Taking It Sportingly!
- Bigg Boss 12 Weekend Ka Vaar: No Elimination; Anup Sent To Torture Room; Sreesanth Wants To Leave!
- Loveyatri Row: FIR Filed Against Salman Khan & Others In Bihar Court For Hurting Hindu Sentiments!
- A Furious Salman Khan Kicks Remo D'Souza Out Of Race 4 After His Denigrate Comments On Race 3?
- Salman Khan's Friends Call Katrina Kaif 'BHABHI', Reveal The Superstar Wanted To MARRY Her But...
- Bigg Boss 12 Weekend Ka Vaar: Salman & Varun Dhawan To Rap; Jasleen-Anup To Be Sent To ‘Khaas’ Room!
- SHOCKING! Bigg Boss 12's Saurabh Patel Caught For Lying; His Major Secrets Revealed!
- Bigg Boss 12: SHOCKING! Jasleen’s Father Says He Will NEVER Approve Jasleen & Anup's Relationship!
- BB 12: Karanvir Bohra, Dipika Kakar & The Khan Sisters Made Yeh Hai Mohabbatein's Karan Patel Blush
- Rakhi Sawant Advises BB 12's Anup Jalota To Get Intimate With Jasleen, Else Salman Will Eye On Her!
- Loveyatri Is Unacceptable, Says Hindu Outfit
Superstar Salman Khan's films are quite popular with the masses so much so that he had even famously remarked recently how he isn't affected much by what critics write about his films and how his movies are 'critic proof'.
His latest film Tubelight released yesterday (Friday). Though the box office opening for this Eid release was said to be good, the critics don't seem to be quite happy with the film.
At a recent event, here's what Salman had to say about this...
I Am Very Pleased With The Critics This Time
Salman quipped, "The critics were really good.. I was expecting -3 and -4, they have given me 1-1 1/2 stars apparently. Yeah, so I am very pleased with that."
Tubelight Needs To Be Seen Not With 'Launda Lapades'
Further, talking about the initial response of the movie, he said, "Reports are 'bhai ko rota hua nahi dekh sakte ' toh I asked ki rote hue dekhke , has rahe hai kya?, they said no ro rahe hain , then I said then don't worry about this one.
What happens in a film like this is, it is Eid release and so the one's who have been thronging the theatres ki chillar pekhenge, nachenge , they went to watch a different film and saw a different one. So now this films needs to seen not with 'launda lapades' or buddies with the intention ki udham machayeng because they won't be able to do that."
Even A Reserved Or Cold-Hearted Person Will Get Teary Eyed Watching This Film
"This is an emotional film which needs to be seen with family members in 25 ka lots so that we can earn those 20 rupees. However, reserved or cold hearted a person might be, he will get teary-eyed watching this film."
Salman On Tubelight Receiving Mixed Reviews
The actor quipped, "Yes, they were expecting a different kind of film. I have been receiving text messages saying that they got emotional watching the two brothers dance, also the scene where I cry when Bharat is leaving for war and the Tinka song, so we had prepared the audience for a beautiful, simple, emotional film about two brothers," adding that, "Every film will have mixed reviews, some might like it some might not."
Tubelight Is Going To Get Us A Lot Of Respect
Is Salman bothered by mixed reviews? To which he replied, "What? Does my face looks bothered? (laughs) I am not bothered, I am sure it is going to do okay. It is going to get us a lot of respect."