- Complete Details About Salman Khan & Disha Patani's Roles In Bharat Revealed!
- Sanju Box Office: Ranbir Kapoor To Break The Highest Record Of Salman Khan; Rivalry To Get Intense
- Bigg Boss Season 12: British Adult Film star Danny D Reacts To Being A Part Of Salman's Show!
- Bigg Boss 12: Tentative Contestants List Out! Salman To Co-host The Show With Ex-Girlfriend Kaif?
- Blackbuck Poaching Case: Jodhpur Court Hears Salman Khan’s Plea Against Conviction!
- Salman Khan Gets Mocked As He Goes UNNOTICED At A Dubai Mall; What Happened To His Popularity?
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Dus Ka Dum: Kamal Haasan, Karan Patel & Shilpa Shinde Grace Salman Khan’s Show (PICS)
- When Salman Khan Embarrassed Janhvi Kapoor By Telling Her To Dance In Front Of Katrina Kaif & Others
- Did Salman Khan Pay The Hospital Expenses Of TMKOC Actor Kavi Kumar Azad?
- When Salman Khan WARNED Katrina Kaif & Jacqueline Fernandez That He Will Lock Both Of Them In A Room
- Kamal Haasan To Share Frame With Salman Khan For The First Time; Thanks To Dus Ka Dum 3!
Superstar Salman Khan's films are quite popular with the masses so much so that he had even famously remarked recently how he isn't affected much by what critics write about his films and how his movies are 'critic proof'.
His latest film Tubelight released yesterday (Friday). Though the box office opening for this Eid release was said to be good, the critics don't seem to be quite happy with the film.
At a recent event, here's what Salman had to say about this...
I Am Very Pleased With The Critics This Time
Salman quipped, "The critics were really good.. I was expecting -3 and -4, they have given me 1-1 1/2 stars apparently. Yeah, so I am very pleased with that."
Tubelight Needs To Be Seen Not With 'Launda Lapades'
Further, talking about the initial response of the movie, he said, "Reports are 'bhai ko rota hua nahi dekh sakte ' toh I asked ki rote hue dekhke , has rahe hai kya?, they said no ro rahe hain , then I said then don't worry about this one.
What happens in a film like this is, it is Eid release and so the one's who have been thronging the theatres ki chillar pekhenge, nachenge , they went to watch a different film and saw a different one. So now this films needs to seen not with 'launda lapades' or buddies with the intention ki udham machayeng because they won't be able to do that."
Even A Reserved Or Cold-Hearted Person Will Get Teary Eyed Watching This Film
"This is an emotional film which needs to be seen with family members in 25 ka lots so that we can earn those 20 rupees. However, reserved or cold hearted a person might be, he will get teary-eyed watching this film."
Salman On Tubelight Receiving Mixed Reviews
The actor quipped, "Yes, they were expecting a different kind of film. I have been receiving text messages saying that they got emotional watching the two brothers dance, also the scene where I cry when Bharat is leaving for war and the Tinka song, so we had prepared the audience for a beautiful, simple, emotional film about two brothers," adding that, "Every film will have mixed reviews, some might like it some might not."
Tubelight Is Going To Get Us A Lot Of Respect
Is Salman bothered by mixed reviews? To which he replied, "What? Does my face looks bothered? (laughs) I am not bothered, I am sure it is going to do okay. It is going to get us a lot of respect."