- SHOCKING SECRET! This Is How Sanjay Dutt Used To Trick Women Into Sleeping With Him
- Maanayata Dutt Knew About Sanjay Dutt's 308 Girlfriends: Dia Mirza Reveals Inside Details
- Sanju: Is That Sanjay Dutt? Nope, That's Ranbir Kapoor As Munna Bhai MBBS; Watch Video Here!
- Rishi Kapoor Admits He Admires Ranbir Kapoor's GF Alia Bhatt; Talks About Her Like Never Before!
- Hey Salman Khan! Here's Why Sanjay Dutt Did Not Play His Older Self In Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju
- Rajkumar Hirani Talks About Sanjay Dutt's Jail Life & The Unusual Work He Did During His Tenure!
- Ranbir Kapoor Will Never Be Unfaithful To A Role In A Film For This Reason!
- Rishi Kapoor Once FIRED Sanjay Dutt For Spoiling Ranbir Kapoor & Said 'Isko Tere Jaisa Mat Bana'
- Did Madhuri Dixit Call Rajkumar Hirani To Delete Her Scenes In Sanju? Here Is The Truth!
- Ranbir Kapoor HITS BACK At Salman Khan For His Comment 'Sanjay Dutt Should Play Himself In Sanju'
- Ranbir Kapoor Did This Unbelievable Thing To Play Sanjay Dutt In Rajkumar Hirani's Sanju!
- Flashback Pictures! When Salman Khan & Sanjay Dutt Were Like Brothers
Having scaled the peak of stardom, actor Sanjay Dutt believes that other would-be superstars can also taste such success - if they look beyond multiplexes.
The Munna Bhai MBBS actor says to achieve the kind of fame that he and his contemporaries still enjoy, young actors, apart from choosing meaty characters, should start focusing on audiences beyond multiplexes or urban cinema halls.
Sanjay Dutt On Salman & SRK's Stardom
"It is possible to achieve what Salman or Shahrukh or I have," said the 58-year-old actor, still remembered for his memorable roles of Ballu, Raghu, Munna, Musabhai and Kancha Cheena.
"I believe the younger generation just needs to make right choices. They need to understand that India is not only about multiplexes, there is a lot of audience beyond that," he told PTI.
An Advice From Sanjay Dutt
"The moment you reach out to the audiences in the interiors of the country you will start becoming the star. I think they should get down to making films for these people," Dutt said.
The actor, who will be essaying the role of a father in his comeback movie "Bhoomi", said one of the key factors behind his success is the fact that he has not stuck to playing the conventional "hero".
‘I’ve Always Played The Character & Not Just The Hero’
"I am not scared to play a character I believe in. Whether it is 'Mission Kashmir' or 'Agneepath', I have always tried to play a character and not just the hero.
Mr Dutt On His Most Challenging Role
"Kancha Cheena was a role which I dare think any mainstream actor would have played. It was a challenge for me and I accepted it. I advise all the young actors not to be scared. If one gets a good character to play, they should not think twice and just go ahead with it," he said.
On the work front, Sanjay Dutt will be next seen in Bhoomi, which is directed by Omung Kumar. It is Dutt's first film post his release from prison last year. The film is a revenge drama which revolves around a father-daughter relationship.