- I Was Bullied By The I&B Ministry During My Tenure As CBFC Chief: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Pahlaj Nihalani Wants To Cast Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh Or Arjun Kapoor In Aankhen Sequel!
- Julie 2 Is Based On A Well-Known Actress : Pahlaj Nihalani
- Anurag Kashyap On Pahlaj Nihalani Exit From CBFC: It's Like Wow, Did This Really Happen?
- News About 300 Cuts In Padmavat Absolutely Untrue Says Prasoon Joshi
- Par Panel Calls Sanjay Leela Bhansali & CBFC Chief Prasoon Joshi Over Padmavati Controversy!
If reports are to be believed then Pahlaj Nihalani has been sacked from his post of the chief of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). Buzz is that noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi will now step into his shoes.
According to an ET Now tweet, Nihalani, whose tenure as CBFC chief was marred by controversy, was removed from his position on Friday.
In recent times, Pahlaj Nihalani had found himself embroiled in several controversies right from demanding multiple cuts in Madhur Bhandarkar's "Indu Sarkaar" which depicts the Emergency to his refusal to certify Alankrita Shrivastava's "Lipstick Under My Burqa" after describing it as 'lady oriented'.
Colleagues of Mr Nihalani often accused him of treating the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) like his personal fiefdom, while film-makers and critics accused him of demanding irrational cuts and moral policing.
News is that Indu Sarkar director Madhur Bhandarkar, Lipstick Under My Burkha producer Prakash Jha and Pinjar director Chandraprakash Dwivedi were being considered for the post of CBFC chairperson.