- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Bhushan Kumar's T-Series & Prernaa Arora's KriAj Settle Hatchet Over Shahid's Batti Gul Meter Chalu?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Tara Sutaria To Play Shahid Kapoor's Girlfriend In The Film?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Shahid Kapoor Is Having 'Dark Thoughts' & This Picture Is A Proof!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Why Is Shahid Kapoor Refraining From Confirming That He's Doing The Film?
- What Irked Sonam Kapoor So Bad That She Ended Up Comparing Kareena Kapoor With EX Shahid Kapoor?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Shahid Kapoor In Vijay Deverakonda's Shoes, Why Was Arjun Kapoor Replaced?
- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Shahid Kapoor In A Never Seen Before Avatar In Raja Krishna Menon's Next! Read Details
- Here's Why Shahid Kapoor Didn't Hide The News Of Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy!
From the much-loved chocolate boy of 'Ishq Vishq' to the effortless portrayal of intense roles in 'Haider', 'Udta Punjab' and 'Rangoon', Shahid Kapoor's evolution as an actor comes from the fact that he prefers to take risks.
"I think it's a reflection of how an actor evolves over time," Shahid told IANS here as he pondered over how a certain maturity has set in not just in his choices, but performances too.
Shahid Drags Varun, While Answering A Question
When Shahid was asked if he will revisit the loverboy's avatar for fans who loved his ‘Ishq Vishk' days, here's what he said:
"You want me to be a college boy again," laughed the actor, promptly adding: "Then what will Varun Dhawan and all do?"
Shahid On Doing Chocolaty Roles
On a serious note, he said, "I'd be happy to do it if somebody came with a role which is exciting... I'd be more than happy to do it."
Shahid On Working With Ace Directors
"It's important to be open to rediscovering yourself. I think if any actor stops feeling the need to rediscover himself or limits his own potential, he becomes stale.
Shahid Kapoor On Being Successful
"Of course, it's very important to be successful, because that's when the best opportunities come to you. But how you choose to be successful is a very personal choice... And my choice is to try and do things that haven't been done before.
Shahid On Risky Roles
"The satisfaction that you get by achieving something risky or different, is way more than repeating yourself just because it's popular," said the son of veteran and nuanced actor Pankaj Kapur.
Over the years, Shahid has impressed viewers and critics alike with films like Jab We Met, Kaminey, Udta Punjab - which got mired in controversy for its subject, content and title and saw Shahid essay a maverick drug addict and singer to perfection.
In the Big Apple with his wife Mira and daughter Misha for the 18th edition of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Weekend and Awards, Shahid has been nominated for the Best Actor trophy for "Udta Punjab".
"I'm very proud of 'Udta Punjab' as a film. It's great that a film which was so different and experimental is getting so much love.
"It was really a great film to make for Abhishek Chaubey and it was a difficult film to do for mainstream actors like me, Alia (Bhatt), Kareena (Kapoor Khan) and Diljit (Dosanjh).
"But sometimes being brave gives you great results," added the actor, who will also perform on the IIFA Awards stage at the MetLife Stadium on Saturday night.