- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Ekta Gives Devdas Touch To Parth-Erica’s Show; Komolika Steals The Thunder!
- Kajol: 'Shahrukh Khan Once Told Me I Must Learn How To Act, He Talks Nonsense Sometimes'
- Bigg Boss 12 Unseen Videos: Sourabh Warns Kriti Against Shivashish; Dipika Kakar Praises Shahrukh!
- Ranveer Singh's Simmba Will Not Clash With SRK's Zero; Rohit Shetty Reveals The Reason!
- BB 12: Karanvir Bohra, Dipika Kakar & The Khan Sisters Made Yeh Hai Mohabbatein's Karan Patel Blush
- Katrina Kaif Was SHOCKED! When Neil Nitin Mukesh MISBEHAVED With Shahrukh Khan & Told Him To SHUTUP
- Sui Dhaaga Challenge: Shahrukh Khan Is The Winner, But There's A Hilarious Twist!
- CATFIGHT OF 90s! When Karisma Kapoor INSULTED Raveena Tandon Publicly At Shahrukh Khan's Holi Bash
- Shahrukh Khan: During The Making Of DDLJ, My Sister Fell Ill, They Said She Will Not Survive
- Shahrukh Khan Reveals AbRam's Cute Name For Ganpati Bappa, Shares An Adorable Click!
- When Gauri Reacted To Shahrukh Khan's Controversies: I Ain't Dependent On Him, Not Even Emotionally
- Will Shahrukh Khan Play A Marvel Superhero? This Person Spills The Beans
Juhi Chawla and Shahrukh Khan gave many blockbusters to the industry. They were one of the most loved on-screen couples of Bollywood.
The two became close buddies while shooting for their films together. Recently, Juhi Chawla revealed how Shahrukh Khan helped him when she lost her mother and how the superstar convinced him to say 'yes' to Duplicate.
When She Lost Her Mother
Juhi told a leading daily, '' "I lost my mother while shooting for Duplicate. We had reached Prague and it was Karan's [Johar] birthday the next day, so my mother and I bought a gift for him.''
My Mother Left For A Walk & Never Came Back
''Next morning, before I went for the shoot, she left for a walk and never came back. It was very traumatic because just a day before we had reached there and three days later, after she met with an accident, we were bringing her back in a coffin. It was devastating for me."
Shahrukh Consoled Me
"Shahrukh was the person who consoled me, as he had seen his parents pass away before that and knew the pain of losing a parent. So, he was trying to make me laugh and forget things."
I Went Through The Mourning Period
''I went through the mourning period but then I realised that the only way to come around back to life was to go back to work and I did go back for Duplicate and Yes Boss-both were with Shahrukh.''
I Would Look Forward To Meet Shahrukh
''I would look forward to the day because I knew I'd see him [SRK] there and somehow he'll be fun and I'll forget for that while what has happened and be okay with it as a bad dream.''
Shahrukh Was Special
''So in a way, he was special because he could just help me through that very difficult time of my life. So I have bitter sweet memories of this film."
She Wasn't Sure About Duplicate
"I was in two minds because my character was not really doing anything substantial in the film. It was a sweet role but there was nothing to make me jump at.''
When SRK Made Her Say 'Yes' To Duplicate
''I remember I was working with Shah Rukh in Yes Boss (1997) at that time and after the shooting, we were at some bungalow in Mumbai when he sat me down and gave me a whole lecture for more than an hour on why I should be doing the film [Duplicate].''
When She Agreed
''After sitting and listening to him for so long, I was like ‘okay, fine, maybe it's not so bad and I am not looking at it correctly', so that's how I agreed to then do the film.''
How Shahrukh Helped Everyone
"He would be very helpful. Even the director and producer would feel reassured that Shahrukh is there, so things would go fine. He will work out the scenes, will help write and rehearse them.''
Karan Johar Was Also There
"If ever we felt that a scene wasn't written well, Karan would actually sit down and write it for us. He wasn't really assisting in the film but he was always around on the sets.''
Juhi Chawla added, ''He's very gifted with scenes, especially those involving high profile people, so there were quite a few that he helped us with.''