- Here's Why Priyanka Chopra BROKE UP With Her Superstar EX-BF; Dating Nick To Heal Her BROKEN Heart!
- Funny Race 3 Memes! SRK, Ranbir Kapoor & Abhishek Bachchan TROLL Salman Khan In Their Style!
- Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Collaborate For A Film After Good Ten Years!
- Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali Drop The Idea Of Working With Salman Khan? We're As Confused As You Are!
- Man In Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli's Video Has Worked With Shahrukh Khan & Madhuri Dixit!
- Suhana Khan Poses With A Mystery Man At A Party & The Internet Can't Stop Asking, 'Who's That Boy?'
- VIRAL VIDEO! When Janhvi Kapoor As A Kid Presented The Best Actor Award To Shahrukh Khan
- Shahrukh Khan Celebrates Eid In Orlando, View Pictures!
- Shahrukh Khan, Varun Dhawan, Big B, Madhuri Dixit, Anil Kapoor & Others Wish Everyone A Happy Eid
- Salman Khan Is A ZERO! Read To Know Why
- How Salman & Shahrukh Khan Became Enemies In An Instant & Patched Up A Few Years Later!
- Shahrukh Khan's Zero Teaser Shows Him BONDING With Salman Khan! Watch It Here
Hollywood veteran Meryl Streep's speech against Donald Trump at the Golden Globe Awards created a stir worldwide. Soon people started discussing why our Bollywood stars don't talk about the real issues in India.
Recently, Shahrukh Khan was asked the same question and he revealed his opinion on the whole issue to a leading daily. Read what he said below.
All Of Society Needs To Be Like That
"My take is that all of society needs to be like that. Get me a top TV journalist who puts my views across as they are, without trying to add their own point of view. Then I would say something. I have said it before, and I rue the day I said it (shared my opinions.) It is about how much views are put across, which is very sad.''
You Can't Tell Me What To Say
''And then the same people ask, ‘Why doesn't Shahrukh Khan say anything?' No, I won't say anything. You say it, but you can't tell me what to say. You like Meryl Streep so much, run her tape. God bless you.'
Why Do You Want To Be A Copycat; It's Stupid
''You have Meryl Streep saying it, so why do you want someone else to say the same thing? Why do you want to be a copycat like you always have been? It's stupid."
I Think Meryl Streep Said A Wonderful Thing
"I think Meryl Streep said a wonderful thing. We all have to be like that, and I am not talking about just artistes.''
Also, whenever something happens somewhere, they are like, ‘Why isn't Shahrukh Khan commenting on it?' But I don't want to. I am an actor, main koi vocal leader thodi na hoon. So, what the lady said is marvelous. ''
In India, Everybody Has So Many Opinions
''She found a platform and she found people who appreciated what she said. In India, everybody has so many opinions that they want to pick on something others say. I think journalism in the US is different. Journalists there became stars and are now past that stage. And so did I when I was 10 years into stardom.''
Indian Journalists Are The New Stars
''I have reached a stage in life where stardom is taken for granted. Indian journalists are new stars. When they used to it (stardom), I will speak my mind, as I know that they will then - like real stars - treat it (what I say) with respect.''
On a related note, Shahrukh Khan got into a huge trouble when right after his 50th birthday, at a press conference, the actor had said, "Intolerance religiously... not being secular in this country is the worst crime you can do as a patriot. There is intolerance, there is extreme intolerance... there is, I think... there is growing intolerance.''
Also Read: Shocking Revelations! Rishi Kapoor On Buying An Award For Bobby & On His Cold War With Amitabh!
"It is stupid... It is stupid to be intolerant and this is our biggest issue, not just an issue... Religious intolerance and not being secular in this country is the worst kind of crime that you can do as a patriot."