TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Actor Shraddha Kapoor today said what is happening with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed Padmavati is extremely sad.
Padmavati has been facing the wrath of various Rajput groups and political leaders, who have accused Bhansali of distorting history.
Many groups have been protesting amid rumours that there was a romantic dream sequence between Rajput queen Padmini and Allauddin Khilji.
"I think it's very, very unfortunate. It is very saddening what's happening and it's unfortunate. This is what I want to say," Shraddha told reporters here.
The film has been hitting road blocks one after another, with Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat, banning the film.
Historians are divided on whether Padmavati actually existed. She finds mention in the 16th century epic poem Padmavati.
Earlier scheduled to arrive in cinema halls on December 1, the release date of the film has been postponed by the makers till further notice.
Shraddha Kapoor was speaking at the launch of Skechers shoes.