TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
It's a known fact that R. Balki always brings in megastar Amitabh Bachchan for all his films - be it in a full-fledged role or a cameo. Actress Sonam Kapoor, who will feature in the filmmaker's Padman, hopes she becomes a staple in his movies too.
Sonam is glad to work in Padman, a biopic on a man named Arunachalam Muruganantha, who introduced affordable sanitary napkins for the benefit of women.
"I am excited for 'Padman'... R. Balki is one filmmaker with whom I think I have a very strong connection with. I hope he picks me in all his films now... I have had an amazing time working with him," Sonam told IANS over phone.
The 31-year-old actress says Balki is a 'fantastic filmmaker' and a 'positive human being'.
"He always wants to say something with his films, and I think when somebody has that intention that film will definitely do well," she added.
Earlier this month, Sonam was honoured with the National Film Award -- Special Mention for Neerja, directed by Ram Madhvani.
The Prem Ratan Dhan Payo actress said it has been an honour to work with directors like Balki, Madhvani as well as Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Aanand L. Rai.
"They are genuine filmmakers. They want to make honest films," she said.