- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anil Kapoor's Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Teaser Is Out! Watch It Here
- A True Incident! A Drunk Sanjay Dutt Had Actually Put On A Toilet Seat Around His Girlfriend's Neck
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: On Karisma Kapoor's Birthday, Kareena & Sonam Paint The Town Red!
- Rishi Kapoor Calls Donald Trump A CLOWN & Praises Kim Jong Un!
- Pre-Birthday Special! Kareena Kapoor Meets Sonam Kapoor In London
- Here's What Sonam Kapoor Plans To Do On Her Birthday Along With Hubby Anand Ahuja
- Did Harshvardhan Kapoor INSULT His Sisters Sonam & Rhea Kapoor? Gets SLAMMED For His Awful Reply!
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
The recent ugly spat between Kangana Ranaut & Karan Johar has divided the movie buffs into two - while some are supporting Kangana for her bold statements, some are criticizing her! It all started when Kangana referred to Karan as the 'flag-bearer of nepotism'.
In a recent interview with NDTV, when Sonam was asked about her opinion on the fight with Karan & Kangana, here's what the actress said:
Sonam Finds It Entertaining
"I said it was very entertaining. Every morning I wake up and it's great bathroom reading. It's mudslinging of the worst kind," told Sonam.
Sonam On Kangana
"I don't know Kangana. I know Karan very well. I find Kangana very entertaining and that's about it. I don't want to comment on something that looks opportunistic, honestly. And I believe you are a feminist when you build other people up, especially other women. All I can say is that I respect the choices that she has made in her career till now. "
Did Sonam Take A Dig At Kangana?
"I made a decision when I was very young after my second or first Koffee With Karan - it was that I would not do mudslinging when other actors and actresses are concerned because I would not do it for TRP's, I would not do it for a channel."
‘I Find It Very Distasteful’
"I felt if I have to give an opinion or be opinionated, it would have to be for something that is relevant and I don't think dragging someone down or criticizing someone or having this public spat - I find it very distasteful. You can set examples without washing your dirty linen in public."
She Further Added..
"I'm very close to Aanand Rai and I'm very close to Swara Bhaskar and very close to Karan. These 3 people, I know are very idealistic and ethical human beings. Aanand L. Rai made a Raanjhanaa with me. He's also made Tanu Manu 1 and 2 with Kangana and if anything, his female protagonists are very strong."
Sonam On Karan
"Swara Bhaskar is one of my closest friends and Karan has only taken me in one movie - I Hate Luv Storys, 9 years back and if he really was someone who was a flagbearer of nepotism, I'm sure he wouldn't have launched 12 directors."
And, Here’s How She Concluded..
So, both of them are right in their own way. I just find this argument, something that I feel like, I don't want to be a part of and I don't want to comment on. I don't see anything that is worth commenting on."
We wonder, how Karan or Kangana would react to these statements of Sonam Kapoor.
On the work front, Sonam will soon kick-start the shooting of her next movie with Kareena Kapoor Khan, Veere Di Wedding, which also casts Swara Bhaskar in the lead role.