- 'Don't You Have Clothes To Wear?' Sunny Leone, Daniel Weber TROLLED For Posting 'Inappropriate' Pics
- Baby Doll Singer Kanika Kapoor Refutes The Cheating Allegations Levelled Against Her! Read Statement
- Sunny Leone: I Went In A Direction My Parents Did Not Want Me To Go!
- HAPPY NEWS! Sunny Leone & Daniel Weber Are Now Proud Parents To Twins Via Surrogacy
- Sunny Leone Talks About Her Daughter: Nisha Is The Light Of My Life
- Attention Sunny Leone Fans! The Beauty Queen Will Visit Kerala Again!
- HORRIBLE! Some People Used My Old Images Against Me & I Found That Really Disturbing: Sunny Leone
- Here's How To Rock The Red Carpet Bollywood Style! View Pictures
- Here's What Sunny Leone Has To Say About Motherhood & How It Changed Her Life!
- WOW! Sunny Leone To Get A Wax Figurine At Madame Tussauds!
- Sunny Leone OUT! Adult Star Mia Malkova To Be The New Sensation? RGV Ropes In Mia For His Next
- Bollywood Upholds The Remix Trend, But Listeners Reject
Sunny Leone attracted controversy once again by her condom advertisement and this time it's not in Goa but Gujarat. The brand tried to target the festive season to sell its products using Sunny Leone in the hoarding and the people from Gujarat have objected to the adverts and are demanding its outright removal. Narendra Chaudhary, businessman and president of Hindu Yuva Vahini, told TOI,
"The message in Gujarati on the hoarding reads 'Aa Navratri a ramo, parantu premthi' - Play but with love, this Navratri. The insinuation on the hoardings from a condom brand insults the religious sentiments of Hindus. This cannot be tolerated & our protests will get stronger if these hoardings are not removed immediately. Protests are necessary to deter others from trying something similar again in future."
"Clear irresponsible and immature attempt to boost sales by putting all our cultural value system at stake," said a letter to Minister Vilas Paswan by the head of The Confederation of All India Traders.
Accused Of Being Irresponsible
The letter also accuses Sunny Leone of being irresponsible and requested the authorities to take it down.
The letter also states that Sunny Leone can stoop to "any level irrespective of pious and religious occasion of Navratri" to earn money.
Code Of Conduct
They have also requested to issue a "code of conduct" to all the celebrities who indulge in brand promotions.
"They (stars) should be made responsible for the products they endorse", the letter read.
Sunny Leone has not given out any official statement about the matter yet.
Even a group in Goa had requested the authorities to take down Sunny Leone's condom advertisement displayed on public transport.
Wait & Watch
We'll have to wait and see if the authorities will go ahead and remove the hoardings or not.
The condom advertisement is displayed at various places all over Gujarat.
Taking A Stand
While some people are supporting the move, the others are against it!