- Cut To 1994: Aishwarya Rai Reveals Why She Cried After Losing 'Miss Universe' Title To Sushmita Sen
- HORRIFIC! Sushmita Sen Reveals She Got MOLESTED By A Young Boy; Here's How She Taught Him A Lesson
- Do You Know The Malayalam Actress Who Competed With Aishwarya Rai & Sushmita Sen?
- Shilpa Shinde’s Look For Dan Dana Dan Inspired By Main Hoon Na’s Sushmita Sen!
- Sushmita Sen Describes Women’s Day In The Best Possible Way!
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
- Sridevi Funeral Live! TEARY-EYED Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Sushmita Sen Pay Their Last Respects
- PICS! Sushmita Sen Paid A Tribute To Rekha's Umrao Jaan On The Ramp & It's BEAUTIFUL Beyond Words
- Sushmita Sen Appears In Court In Car Import Case!
- PICTURES! Sushmita Sen Throws A Lavish Party For Her Daughter Renee's 18th Birthday
- JEALOUS OF BACHCHAN BAHU'S SUCCESS? Seen Aishwarya Rai Work Very Hard; I Can't Do It: Sushmita Sen
- Meet Jennifer Seno! Philippines Most Beautiful, Cute & Hot Young Girl!
Miss India 1994 Sushmita Sen made the entire country proud when she won the prestigious Miss Universe title for the country. But you will be surprised to know that she almost left the Miss India pageant because of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Also Read: WISE KID! What Aaradhya Bachchan Did At A Restaurant On Valentine's Day Will Leave You Surprised!
In an interview with Ms. Jessica Soho, the host of GMA show Kapuso Mo, Sushmita Sen revealed that she was scared of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Want to know why? Then keep on reading.
Aishwarya Is Not Conventional Indian Gorgeous
Sushmita said, ‘'She is not a conventional Indian gorgeous, she is an international gorgeous. So you are looking at her at 17 and a half and you are saying, ''She is entering the pageant, okay next year bye-bye! I am not participating.''
I Got A Shouting From My Mother That Day
‘'Oh my god! what a shouting I got from my mother that day. I came back home to, 'You are not my daughter. I cannot believe that you are that afraid to try. And You want someone who's not a competition to be there to compete with you. If you don't try, you will never know. Shame on you, don't talk to me.'' She was very mad at me.''
I Was Standing At The Airport After Winning The Title
‘'And I was standing at the airport when I won and came back. And my mother standing like, ''I told you so.'' Well, this is an important lesson, you have to give life a shot. I am living proof of that.''
The Final Question That Made Sushmita The Winner
Sushmita was asked "What do you know about the textile heritage of your country and how long has it been around?" Her answer was, "I think it all started with Mahatma Gandhi's Khadi. It has gone a long way since then but the basics of Indian textile heritage has been from there."
What Was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Question?
Aishwarya was asked, ''If you have to look for qualities in a husband, would you look for the qualities in Ridge Forrester from Bold & Beautiful or in Mason Capwell from Santa Barbara?", to which her response was "Mason. They do have a lot in common, but from what we see, Mason has a very caring side to him, and a terrific sense of humour. And that really gels with my character."
Sushmita Won By A Mere 0.2 percent
The results, as we all know, was that Sushmita Sen beat out Aishwarya Rai Bachchan by a mere 0.2 percent!
When India Won Both Miss Universe & Miss World Titles
In the year 1994, India went on to win both Miss Universe and Miss World at the same time, all thanks to Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. It was a historical event as it had never happened before.
From Beauty Pageant Winners To Bollywood Divas
After winning the titles, both Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan tried their luck in the Hindi film industry. Sushmita made her Bollywood debut with Dastak while Aishwarya Rai's first movie was Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya.
Now Sushmita Sen has taken a break from Bollywood but Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is still a part of tinsel town. The beautiful lady was last seen in Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil with Ranbir Kapoor.