- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Swara Bhaskar On Her Controversial Masturbation Scene From VDW: Wanted It To Look Comic, Not Vulgar
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Swara Bhaskar Shuts Down Haters Who Trolled Her For Masturbation Scene In Veere Di Wedding!
- Veere Di Wedding First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection Is Jaw-Dropping!
- Veere Di Wedding Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collection!
The Censor Board has ordered 11 cuts to Swara Bhaskar's upcoming film Anaarkali Of Aarah including the removal of a dialogue which mentions names of megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Amrish Puri. Producer Sandiip Kapur was quoted as saying,
"There are 11 cuts mentioned by the censor board, including one bold scene. They have told us to remove the names of Amitabh Bachchan and Amrish Puri (in a dialogue) fearing it might hurt sentiments. They have also asked to remove the word 'Arjun', which comes in a shayari. They think it will hurt religious sentiments. With these cuts, it will be difficult for the audience to understand the context in which the dialogues are said."
When asked if he would go ahead and challenge the CBFC for these unwanted cuts, the producer quipped, "For an independent producer like me, it is difficult to fight with CBFC and release the film. The director and actors are against accepting the cuts. It is a bold and powerful film (but) the language is not abusive. I have seen big filmmakers facing trouble in releasing their films. What happened with Udta Punjab?. It is unfortunate and sad as it is killing the creativity."
After the cuts, the film is expected to get an 'A' certificate from the CBFC and the sad part is that the scenes which were to be deleted has been leaked online by unidentified miscrients. The film-makers have approached the Police and a case has been filed. "There are some 1,800 sites that need to be blocked and we have asked for it so it doesn't affect our film," says Sandiip.