- Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Crosses 300 Crores After Spanning 50 Days In Theatres
- Post Padmaavat's Success, Deepika Padukone HIKES Her Fees & Acts CHOOSY
- Heartbreaking! Deepika Padukone Gets Emotional; Talks About Irrfan Khan's Ill Health
- Gauri & Shahrukh Khan TURN HEADS, Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh SLAY At Hello Hall Of Fame Awards
- She Will NEVER FORGIVE Her! What Deepika Padukone Did To Avoid Ranbir Kapoor's Ex Katrina Kaif
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Prakash Padukone, Says Her Father Is A Very Humble Person
- HAUNTING IMAGES! The ORIGINAL PICTURES Of The KUND Where Rani Padmavati Committed JAUHAR
Deepika Padukone is one of the highest-paid stars currently working in Bollywood, but the actor is not ready to talk about money matters.
The Padmavati actor sidestepped questions about her pay package for the Sanjay Leela Bhansali-directed film, which is rumoured to be heavier than that of her co-stars Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
"Talking about my remuneration isn't exciting. But I am proud and confident about the money I get. You are comfortable with what you are paid. But what makes me happy is that they (producers) have invested so much money in a film which has a poster featuring me on it....That makes me proud," said Padukone during the 3D trailer launch of the film.
"In terms of scale, budget and resources, its a huge film. We have seen strong female parts at the fore on screen in different films in different ways. I think this (Padmavati) is the beginning of great things women have in films," she added.
A right-wing outfit had objected to the screening of the trailer, but adequate security arrangements were made with over a dozen policemen stationed at the venue. The film is set to release on December 1. With pti inputs.