TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
A few hours ago, Twinkle Khanna's debut film production, Padman's trailer hit the internet and left everyone in awe of Akshay Kumar, Radhika Apte and Sonam Kapoor.
Padman is a biopic on Arunachalam Muruganantham, the inventor of a low-cost sanitary pad making machine in India. In an interview with IANS, when Twinkle Khanna is asked about the message Padman will give amongst masses, here's what she said:
"If nothing else, I am hoping that it will start a conversation within homes. Something that has been hidden in the darkness, furtively wrapped in newspaper, will finally be in the spotlight so that a young girl can go up to her parents and say that she needs sanitary pads over the ubiquitous fairness creams."
"The only reason that I decided to produce this movie after writing a fictionalized story about Arunachalam Muruganantham was because I felt it was an important story that needed to penetrate households across India. Cinema is the only medium that has such a wide reach," she added.
The trailer of Padman has quickly grabbed attention for bringing up such a strong message in a subtle yet entertaining way.