- Rani Mukerji: We Are Actors & Not Models; We Have To First Do Justice To Who We Are On Screen!
- Rani Mukherji's Open Letter On Her Birthday Is A Tight Slap To The Double Standards Of Bollywood!
- HE PROVED THEM WRONG! Ajay Devgn Was Told By People That 'He Is Not A Hero Material'
- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- WHOM IS SHE HINTING AT? Rani Mukherji's Take On Pay Disparity Will Give Major Burns To Some Actors
- RIP Sridevi! Rani Mukherji: It's A Huge Loss For Me; I Will Never Forget Her Contribution In My Life
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- LOL! Rani Mukherji Makes Fun Of Her Husband Aditya Chopra At Home & Calls Him A 'Loser'
- SHOCKING CONFESSION! Rani Mukherji Admits She CURSES & ABUSES Husband Aditya Chopra Every Day
- OUCH! Aditya Chopra Had A PROBLEM With Rani Mukherji's Star Status
- WAIT WHAT! Rani Mukherji Says If Aditya Chopra Was Like KJo, She Wouldn't Have Fallen In Love
Despite doing few films in recent times, Rani Mukherji still enjoys an immense fan-following. However, the actress who is making a comeback with 'Hichki' has always steered clear of the social media.
Most of the times, Rani chooses to keep a low profile unlike some of her contemporaries. Recently while talking to a leading channel, she spoke at length about why she keeps away from social media and wants to keep away her daughter Adira from the paparazzi. Read on to know what she had to say...
The Aura Around Actors
Rani told India Today, "I think at that time, the actors, the stars were still up in the Galaxy. People thought they were inaccessible. People thought that they are stars, we cannot see or touch them, hence we will see them in the theatres. Now, things have changed. I have been a part of the change myself, have seen both the sides of the coin."
Stars Were Like 'WOW'
"I was there during the time when things were changing when the stars from the Galaxy started descending into their bedrooms. Stars have become accessible now. People today don't look at stars like someone who is inaccessible. Earlier stars were looked upon like 'WOW' but today they are looked as humans."
The Curse Of Trolls
She further quipped, "The fans with whom we used to have a love story earlier have now become hate story. Actors are getting trolled on social media. Thank God I am not there."
Rani Likes To Keep Her Personal Life Under Wraps
"In my case, because I am married to a very private person, who is not Mr.India (unlike popular belief) and he is not only seen through the red glass, I can see him without them too.
She Deliberately Chose To Stay Away From Social Media
"I think I consciously chose not to be on social media because then you cannot choose that this is the only part of me that I would like to give my fans because you are answerable to all of them."
Rani Isn't Comfortable Sharing Adira's Pics; Hubby Aditya Is The Reason!
"For me, my existence today is that yes I am married, I have a daughter and if my fans ask me for their pictures, revealing something about my personal life, I don't have a complete say. I cannot suddenly ask my husband to become a media savvy person. It is not possible"
Keeping Hubby & Adira Aaway From The Spotlight
"If I say NO to one fan, that fan might get delusional, so my thing is completely different. I don't mind giving my pictures 24/7 because I am in this field and used to it but I can't take responsibility if they ask me for my husband's pictures or if they tell me to show Adira's pictures. I can't do that because her father also takes certain decisions for her, " she said.