TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
With the BMC Elections 2017, Mumbai city people were busy today casting their votes. When all of the city was heading to the voting boots, names of some voters mysteriously vanished leaving the voters in the lurch. The same has happened to Varun Dhawan as his name is missing from the electoral rolls and thus he could not cast his vote.
Funny part is that the actor cast his vote last year and this year his name has vanished all of a sudden. A disappointed Varun was quoted as saying, "It is upsetting that I couldn't find my name on the voter list. This year my name has not shown up on the list, unfortunately. It is bizarre because I voted last year. Will find out from EC where is my name."
The sad part is, Varun Dhawan had flown from Jaipur just to vote in the BMC elections only to find out that his name was missing from the electoral rolls. It is reported that even actor Paresh Rawal's name was missing from the electoral list and only his wife Swaroop Sampat could cast the vote as her name was in the list.
It's pretty absurd how names mysteriously vanish from the election list and this has been happening all over the country since many years. Sadly, no action has been taken against this practice and we only hope this would stop one day and enable all citizens to cast their vote.