- STRANGE LOVE! Mira Rajput Once Threw Hubby Shahid Kapoor Out Of Their House
- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Sridevi's DEMISE! Vidya Balan Says My 'Inspiration Is No More'
- Aami Controversy: Here Is What Vidya Balan Has To Say!
- NASTY REMARK! When Shahid Kapoor Compared Kareena Kapoor To A BUFFALO; Took A Shocking Dig At Her
- SHE WAS UPSET! Vidya Balan's Shocking Revelation: Vidhu Vinod Chopra Asked Her To Get Her Nose FIXED
- I Have No Time For A Baby; Each Film I Do Is A New Baby: Vidya Balan
- Tumhari Sulu Proved Married Actresses Can Score A Hit: Vidya Balan
- UNEXPECTED! Did Salman Khan Just BODY-SHAME Vidya Balan With This Comment?
- BUT WHY? I Have Never Been Approached For Any Shahrukh Khan Film: Vidya Balan
- Every Time I Tried Something New, Films Didn't Work: Vidya Balan On Tumhari Sulu Failure
Vidya Balan was in talks with filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia for a biopic on actress Meena Kumari. The film was earlier offered to Kangana Ranaut who turned it down, after which it went into Vidya's kitty.
But, it looks like the trouble for this movie isn't going to anytime soon. In the latest turn of development, Vidya too has refused to do this film. Want to know the reason behind her shocking behaviour? Scroll down to read more...
Meena Kumar's Family Wasn't Pleased With Vidya's Casting
Reportedly, the 'Pakeezah' actress' family had issued a press statement about them not being happy with Vidya doing the film.
Vidya Walks Out Of The Film
Confirming the news, Vidya told DNA, "No, I'm not doing the Meena Kumari-biopic anymore. It didn't quite work out."
She Had A Girl Crush On Her But...
The 'Tumhari Sulu' actress said, "I love Meena Kumari. If I had a girl crush on somebody, it would be her. If she was alive, I'd probably land up to see her all the time. I am that fascinated by her. I always wanted to play her."
What Went Wrong?
To this Vidya replied, "The script has to do justice. It can't just be a sensational account of her life, even if she is not around. It has to present different episodes of her life and not just the ones that will grab eyeballs. So, I decided not to do it."
No Controversy Just For The Sake Of It
"I did The Dirty Picture, there was sensationalism in that but that was Silk. But for everything, you can't just focus on the sensational bits of a person's life. I am happy to do the controversial bits as long as it's a well rounded perspective. Also, biopics are very sensitive and they need to be done for the right reasons. You can't make a biopic on Meena Kumari just because you feel sab dekhenge. Even if the person is not around, I have too much respect for her as an artiste, to just present a one-sided story of hers," she added.
She Will Do Biopics But Conditions Apply
Vidya was quoted as saying, "I only want to play real characters and do biopics of people who I love or connect with." But there's nothing on the anvil now. Right now, I haven't been offered any more biopics."
Do you guys think Vidya took the correct decision by choosing to opt out of Meena Kumar biopic?