- Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek, SRK, Aamir, Hrithik & Others Spotted At Vinod Khanna’s Prayer Meet [Pics]
- Vinod Khanna's Son Shares An Adorable Throwback Picture! Says It Feels Like Yesterday!
- MEMORIES! When Amitabh Bachchan Kept Apologizing To Vinod Khanna For A Horrific Accident!
- Can You Guess Where Vinod Khanna Is In This School Group Picture?
- SHAMEFUL! Current Generation Actors Did Not Attend Vinod Khanna's Funeral!
- Vinod Khanna Last Rites: Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan & Others Pay Their Final Respects!
- Did You Know? Vinod Khanna & Smriti Irani Had Done A Television Show Together?
- Pictures: Vinod Khanna Embarks On His Final Journey!
- When Vinod Khanna Revealed Why He Left The Glamorous Bollywood & Became A Sanyasi In Osho's Ashram!
- #RIPVinodKhanna: Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel, Arjun Bijlani & Other TV Celebs Mourn Actor’s Death
- RIP! Veteran Actor Vinod Khanna PASSES AWAY At The Age Of 70!
- My Dad Is Doing Well, Says Vinod Khanna's Son Akshaye Khanna
Veteran Bollywood actor, politician and former union minister Vinod Khanna passed away in Mumbai on Thursday (27th April) morning following a prolonged illness.
The actor was suffering from cancer for the past 6 years but he kept it a secret. According to Indian Express, the actor didn't want his daughter to know about it.
When Vinod Khanna Revealed The Big Truth
The daily stated about the media interaction Vinod Khanna had in his constituency Gurdaspur early this year. There Vinod was asked why he had been away for a long while. It was then that Vinod revealed the big truth: He was suffering from cancer.
The Actor Got To Know About His Cancer Six Years Ago
''The actor said he would not have revealed his illness if he was not a politician. He said that he got to know he had cancer six years ago.''
He Kept It A Secret Because Of His Daughter
''At that time, his daughter was giving an important school exam and needed her parents support. The actor-politician said he kept the cancer secret from everyone due to this."
Vinod Khanna Had Thought That He Had Won His Battle With Cancer
''Vinod also said that he felt he has finally won this battle and even doctors considered him 80 percent cured.''
Vinod Tried To Fight The Cancer
''Vinod had said that he had used various alternative medicine methodologies in the fight against cancer and in the last one year, he had to travel to Germany a number of times in this regard.''
The Actor Underwent A Surgery
''He said he has not been through heavy chemotherapy but had to undergo surgery and that was the reason why he was not in his constituency when Pathankot attack happened.''
The Hospital's Statement
The hospital where he had been admitted released a statement after his death, "Veteran actor and Member of Parliament Mr. Vinod Khanna, who was admitted to the Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital breathed his last at 11.20 am due to advanced bladder carcinoma."
Vinod Khanna's Funeral..
Vinod Khanna's funeral was held at Vaikunth Dham in Worli, on 27th April. Celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor and many others from Bollywood were present to pay their last respects to the late actor.
The Actor Is Survived By..
Vinod Khanna is survived by his wife Kavita Khanna and sons Rahul, Akshaye and Sakshi, and daughter Shraddha. Vinod Khanna was married to Geetanjali before marrying Kavita. He divorced Geetanjali and then got married to Kavita.
May his soul rest in peace!