TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Actor Kunal Kapoor gave a powerful performance on "something that nobody addresses" - forced women trafficking, and urged people to contribute towards the cause.
"I feel very strongly about this cause, and have recorded a video with UnErase Poetry. Please watch, share, support," the co-founder of Ketto, an online crowd funding platform and website in India for fundraising for social, charity, movies, music, personal and creative causes, tweeted on Friday.
In the over three-minute video, he is seen taking charge of the microphone and narrating stories of a 16-year-old girl who went missing and a bride.
He spoke in English and Hindi about the road where "love is sold". While talking about "the road", he urged people to slow down their car, take a moment and smile at those women in "shiny saris and make-up so wild" to show that you care.
The video ends with statistics revealing that every three minutes an Indian girl is trafficked into sexual slavery, and only one per cent of these girls are ever rescued.
He has already received support from celebs like Hrithik Roshan, who got "teared up", Shruti Seth and Dia Mirza.