- Swara Bhaskar Hammers Vivek Agnihotri For His Misogynist Tweet, Gets His Twitter Handle Locked
- Swara Bhaskar: Hollywood Celebrities Can Speak Against Their President & Still Feel Safe!
- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Swara Bhaskar On Her Controversial Masturbation Scene From VDW: Wanted It To Look Comic, Not Vulgar
- Veere Di Wedding Box Office Report! Kareena-Sonam Film Passes The Crucial Monday Test
- Swara Bhaskar Shuts Down Haters Who Trolled Her For Masturbation Scene In Veere Di Wedding!
At an event to celebrate 20 years of Yuva Parivartan here on Wednesday, Swara said, "I wanted to be like Shahrukh Khan, and not a Bollywood heroine. I thought I would become a popular actor like him. An actor can become a star, but to retain that position like SRK, Salman (Khan) or Aamir (Khan) for 25 years is difficult."
Asked about the challenges she had to face in the industry, she said, "Those depend on your journey. Those who come without any reference are tagged as an outsider... like me. The most challenging part for them is to make an identity in the crowd."
"However, the positive side is that the industry always recognises good work."
She cited the example of actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, saying how he once played a character who was beaten up by Sanjay Dutt in 'Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.' and has now become one of most acclaimed actors in the industry.
"One needs to be stubborn when you have to face the world. Though our elders think that being stubborn isn't a good quality, but it is important when you go out," added the 28-year-old 'Nil Battey Sannata' actress.
On the work front, Swara will next be seen in 'Anarkali of Arrah', where she will be seen playing a character of a singer crooning double-meaning songs. The film is directed by Avinash Das and is slated to release on March 24.