- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- Anurag Kashyap Praises Karan Johar’s Work In Lust Stories;Tells People To Empower Themselves
- Akash Ambani & Shloka Mehta's Engagement Pics: Shahrukh Khan, Alia Bhatt & Ranbir Kapoor Arrive!
- Did Tiger Shroff Refuse To Work With Ranveer Singh? Karan Johar Reacts To Reports!
- Karan Johar & Kiara Advani Talk About ‘Masturbation Scene’ In Lust Stories; Upset Mangeshkars
- Karan Johar's Favourite Rejected; He Didn't Want To Sign Sara Ali Khan With Ranveer Singh In Simmba
- INSIDE IIFA 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Dances To Balam Pichkari, Rekha Charms & KJo Goes Shava-Shava!
- IIFA Rocks 2018 Inside Pics: From Varun Dhawan's Groupfie To Anil Kapoor's Dashing Ramp Walk!
- IIFA Awards 2018: Karan Johar Says If You Can't 'Reuse' Talent, Then Refuse That Talent!
- Femina Miss India 2018: Madhuri Dixit, Jacqueline Fernandez & Others Make It A Starry Affair!
- Dhadak: Karan Johar Takes A Sly Dig At Kangana Ranaut After Launching Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter
- Karan Johar DEFECATED IN THE OPEN While Shooting For Shahrukh Khan & Kajol's Sooraj Hua Madham
It looks like the Karan Johar-Kangana Ranaut controversy wouldn't stop grabbling headlines anytime soon. After all the hullabaloo around the topic of nepotism, KJo recently had a funny moment with Suhel Seth and had a hilarous reaction when the name 'Kangana' cropped up in the conversation at the launch of Ustad Amjad Ali Khan's book 'Master on Masters'.
Here's how the episode unfolded-
Karan Johar's Response When Suhel Complimented Him On His Looks
Suhel Seth complimented Karan that he did not look his age 44. The filmmaker quipped that he was "honoured" to listen something "polite" from him. To which, Seth replied back, "I don't believe in politics of hatred. I believe affection has a much more charming virtue."
When Karan Johar Said He Would Run Away On Hearing Kangana's Name
Further KJo added, "I have three words to ask- who are you ?" Seth said "Kangana" as the filmmaker laughed and added, "Really ? Then I am going to run out of here."
The Karan-Kangana Episode That Shook The Tinsel Town
It all started when Kangana appeared on Koffee With Karan and called the filmmaker the flagbearer of nepotism in the film industry. Her explosive statements didn't go well with Karan who accused her of playing the victim card. Not the one to stay silent, Kangana lashed out at him and said that she was playing the badass card instead and KJo is nobody to tell her to leave the film industry.
Karan's Final Word
In his recent column on NDTV, the filmmaker finally decided to have the last word since the controversy began on his show and he couldn't handle the nepospasms. He expressed his opinion on nepotism and concluded by saying, "If I am a product of nepotism, fine. If the talent I've launched is a sign of nepotism, fine. But I'm not alone. You are doing it too. With your headlines, in your political parties, in a thousand industries across the country. This is not about me objecting or nullifying the issue, I'll accept it. Can you? If for no other reason than I need these damn nepospasms to subside.
Karan Johar Wants Alia Bhatt To Play Twinkle Khanna In His Biopic
On a lighter note, in a recent event, Alia Bhatt jokingly said that she would play Karan's mom Hiroo Johar if there was a biopic ever made on Karan. To which KJo replied, "You aren't Sindhi enough" and added that she should play his childhood bestie Twinkle Khanna instead.
What's your take on Karan Johar's remark? Do let us know in the comments section below.