- Gold Box Office Report: Day One Collection Of Akshay Kumar Starrer Is Fantastic
- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Gold Movie Review: Live Audience Updates On Akshay Kumar Starrer
- Gold Movie Review: This Akshay Kumar Starrer Is Worth More Than Gold For Its Inspiring Message!
- Disastrous Days Of Akshay Kumar: When He Had Sixteen Flops, He Still Was Offered Four More Films
- Akshay Kumar On Constantly Doing Patriotic Movies: I Hate Getting Tagged & Feel Suffocated
- Gold Vs Satyameva Jayate Box Office Predictions: The Numbers Are Pretty Impressive!
- Gold: New Song 'Bolte Parini' Brings Up Recreated Bengali Version Of 'Naino Ne Baandhi'
- John Abraham Reveals Why He Chose To Release Satyameva Jayate With Akshay Kumar's Gold
- Mouni Roy On Akshay Kumar: He's Not Just A Great Co-Actor But Also A Beautiful Human Being
- Akshay Kumar's Son Aarav To Debut In Bollywood? Here's What The Actor Has To Say
- Amy Jackson Raises The Temperature In Her Latest Black & White Shoot! Pictures
Biopics are in vogue in Bollywood these days. Come June and we will get Sanjay Dutt's life story being portrayed by Ranbir Kapoor on the big screen!
However, Akshay Kumar who has been a part of many successful in the past says this when asked if we would ever get to see the Khiladi Kumar's biopic on the canvas...
Akshay- The Man Who Aced In Every Biopic Which He Did
To this, the superstar told DNA, "I don't know anything about being an expert. I've successfully done Airlift, which was about a businessman who helped evacuate 1,70,000 Indians from Kuwait. The second one was Rustom that was inspired by commander KM Nanavati. Toilet: Ek Prem Katha was based on the story of Anita and Shivram Narre and now, I'm doing PadMan, which is the true-life account of Arunachalam Muruganantham. These guys are real heroes and their lives have been truly inspiring."
Akshay Talks About The Real Padman- Arunachalam Muruganantham
He was quoted as saying by the leading daily, "I admire him. Just imagine, he was almost the first Indian man who truly understood what his wife went through, month after month. And he felt that he needed to do something about it. By ‘inventing' the low-cost sanitary napkin, he has done a service to the future generations of women."
A Biopic On Akky's Life?
To this, he quipped, "No. Take someone like Sanjay Dutt. His life is interesting, so it makes sense to make a biopic on him. My life is not too exciting."
Be The Change
Earlier, when Akshay was asked about starring in PadMan which delves into the topic of menstruation, the actor had said, "If you change nothing, nothing will change. It's not about being bold, but about breaking taboos that hold us back. I have lived with women all my life, yet I have learnt more about the topic while making this film than ever before. I do not mind who I offend or whose stomach I turn by being bold, this is not the Stone Age; menstruating is natural."
What Makes Padman Different From Other Superheroes?
"Frankly, I didn't know anything about sanitary napkins till two years ago; I had not even held one in my hand. My sister or my wife didn't ask me to go to the pharmacy to get one. However, after Tina (Twinkle Khanna) researched Arunachalam's life and wrote about him in her book - The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad - she told me about him at length. And I became so interested in his life that when she suggested making a biopic on him, I was fully charged.
Padman has ventured where no other superhero has. I think Arunachalam's story is more relevant than that of other superheroes like Batman and Superman because he dealt with a common woman's problem. And I think I'm doing him service by bringing his story to the big screen."
Is He Planning To Join Politics Like His 2.0 Co-Star Rajinikanth?
"I'm not entering politics. Doing movies that address public issues doesn't mean that I'm paving the way for a political career. I'm very happy being an actor. I don't have an agenda but this kind of cinema gives me joy.For instance, after watching OMG - Oh My God! people went to temples but they stopped pouring oil and milk on the idols. Instead, they donated money. This level of awareness is all that I'm targeting. I want to make small changes."