- Manmarziyaan Fiasco: Abhishek Bachchan Refuses To Take Anurag Kashyap’s Side Over Smoking Scene
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn’t Want To Make Aaradhya Feel Awkward; Will Avoid Doing This!
- Taapsee Pannu Trolls People Who Protested The 'Smoking Scene' In Manmarziyaan! View Tweets
- Manmarziyaan Film-makers Delete 3 Scenes Which Hurt Sikh Sentiments
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn't Like Aaradhya Getting Papped; Says, 'Let Her Grow Up & Decide'!
- Is Navya Naveli Nanda Planning To Work In Bollywood? Abhishek Bachchan Answers
- Taapsee Pannu To Marry Her Boyfriend Mathias Boe By The End Of The Year? Read Details!
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
- Manmarziyaan: Amitabh Bachchan Finds It Difficult To Speak To Abhishek After Watching The Film!
You all must be aware of the fact that Abhishek Bachchan was the first choice for Paltan, but after giving his nod to the film, the actor opted himself out and it left the director J P Dutta miffed! For the uninitiated, J P Dutta had launched Abhishek Bachchan in Refugee and even worked with him in Umrao Jaan and LOC Kargil. While promoting Manmarziyaan, when Abhishek was asked to comment on his sudden exit from Paltan, here's what the actor had to say.
Abhishek Left Paltan Owing To Personal Reasons
"I was obviously doing Paltan and for personal reasons, I had to bow out of the film. It was devastating for me because it's JP saab. He didn't only launch me but he has been like a mentor, a family to me."
Have Things Turned Sour Between Abhishek & Mr Dutta?
"He is somebody I love immensely and I really wanted to be there for him especially when he was going on this journey because he was making a film after so long. But it was heartbreaking for me to not be able to stand by him during the making of the film."
Abhishek Was All Praises For Paltan
While praising the trailer, he said, "The promo is fantastic. I am really looking forward to it. It's coming up on the seventh and I am really excited about it.
I have always wished him the best and I am always there for him and he knows that. Our relationship goes much beyond than making films. I will be the first person in the cinema to see it."
Abhishek Also Asserted That He Had Spoken To J P Dutta About His Exit
"Of course, I have spoken to him. I messaged (him). I tweeted about it. He is the best at what he does. I am partial and I am biased. I will always be and unabashedly so," said Abhishek.
On the work front, Abhishek will be next seen in Manmarziyaan. The film is all set to hit the theatres on September, 14. The film is helmed by Anurag Kashyap and it also casts Taapsee Pannu and Vicky Kaushal.
Inputs From Indian Express