- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn't Like Aaradhya Getting Papped; Says, 'Let Her Grow Up & Decide'!
- Is Navya Naveli Nanda Planning To Work In Bollywood? Abhishek Bachchan Answers
- Taapsee Pannu To Marry Her Boyfriend Mathias Boe By The End Of The Year? Read Details!
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
- Manmarziyaan: Amitabh Bachchan Finds It Difficult To Speak To Abhishek After Watching The Film!
- Salman Khan Walked Out Of Dhoom 4 For This Reason & No, It's Not Abhishek Bachchan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Wants To Give A Normal Upbringing To Aaradhya Reveals Abhishek Bachchan
- Abhishek Bachchan: I Am Okay With Getting Harsh Comments If They Don't Like My Performance
- Manmarziyaan First Review Out! Abhishek Bachchan Doesn’t Disappoint; Vicky Kaushal Steals The Show
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Abhishek Bachchan have worked together in several films including Kuchh Na Kaho, Dhoom 2, Guru, Sarkaar 2 and Raavan! They were last seen together on the silver screen in 2010 for Mani Ratnam's Raavan and now, Anurag Kashyap is bringing them together on screen with his film titled 'Gulab Jamun'. In a conversation with Deccan Chronicle, Abhishek Bachchan talks about his collaboration with his wife and prolonged hiatus as he promotes his upcoming film, Manmarziyaan.
Abhishek On Gulab Jamun
Speaking about the film, he said, "Anurag is producing it and newbie Sarvesh Mewara is directing it. But I'm doing another film before that and I am not at liberty to talk about."
We Hope The Same, Junior B!
"But yes, Gulab Jamun is a sweet a film and it's always a pleasure to work with the missus. Every time we've done a film together, it's been special. I am confident that Gulab Jamun will also be a treat."
Abhishek On His Prolonged Break
He said, "During my hiatus, I took stock of my strengths and weaknesses, and I zeroed in on the kind of work that I wanted to do.
Of course, I've made a lot of mistakes, and I won't repeat them. But I won't shy away from making new mistakes. I have a bright new team to help me."
Abhishek On How Manmarziyaan Came Into The Picture
"It was not planned. Manmarziyaan just fell into my lap. Aanand Rai, whom I've known for years, asked me if I wanted to do a film with him. I've always liked Aanand's work, so I immediately agreed to hear the script."
And Here's How Abhishek Gave His 'Nod' To Manmarziyaan
He further added, "Aanand sent the writer, Kanika Dhillon, to narrate the script, and in our first meeting, I was convinced that I wanted to do the film. Kanika had so much confidence in her script and her characters. She wasn't dazzled by the idea of getting stars to do the film."
What About Dhoom 4?
Abhishek was also asked to spill the beans about Dhoom 4 and he replied, "What about it? Neither have I been approached for Dhoom 4, nor do I have any information about it. Until Adi (producer Aditya Chopra) tells me about it, I have no idea."
Lock The Date!
Coming back to Manmarziyaan, the film is slated to release on September 7, 2018. The film also casts Vicky Kaushal and Taapsee Pannu in key roles.