- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn’t Want To Make Aaradhya Feel Awkward; Will Avoid Doing This!
- Taapsee Pannu Trolls People Who Protested The 'Smoking Scene' In Manmarziyaan! View Tweets
- Manmarziyaan Film-makers Delete 3 Scenes Which Hurt Sikh Sentiments
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn't Like Aaradhya Getting Papped; Says, 'Let Her Grow Up & Decide'!
- Is Navya Naveli Nanda Planning To Work In Bollywood? Abhishek Bachchan Answers
- Taapsee Pannu To Marry Her Boyfriend Mathias Boe By The End Of The Year? Read Details!
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
- Manmarziyaan: Amitabh Bachchan Finds It Difficult To Speak To Abhishek After Watching The Film!
- Salman Khan Walked Out Of Dhoom 4 For This Reason & No, It's Not Abhishek Bachchan
Abhishek Bachchan is returning to the big screen after a short hiatus with Anurag Kashyap's Manmarziyaan. But do you folks know that all wasn't well between the two a few years ago? Back then, Anurag Basu had slammed Bachchan Jr's performance in the film Yuva and it was reported that the duo weren't on speaking terms for years, until Manmarziyaan happened! Recently, while speaking to DNA, Abhishek opened up about his difference with Anurag during Yuva.
Find out what the actor had to share with the leading daily.
'Anurag Didn't Like My Work In Yuva'
"That's history now. I first worked with Anurag in Mani Ratnam's Yuva (2004); he had written it. I don't think he liked my work in the film (laughs)."
Let Bygones Be Bygones
Abhishek further added, "And it's only fair because we had spent a lot of time doing readings for the film. So somewhere, maybe he felt a little disappointed when he watched the movie. But we never spoke about it. Now, we've put all that behind us."
For Those Who Ain't Aware
Back in an interview in 2010, Anurag Kashyap had said, "AB was great in Yuva to everybody except me. I am the one who wrote the goddamned lines. I wrote Lallan Singh and they were the best damn lines I ever wrote. And believe me, he didn't understand half of it. He never rose above the script, but he won all the awards." But now with Manmarziyaan, the two have mended their differences and all's well.
Abhishek On Working With Anurag Kashyap In Manmarziyaan
"Manmarziyaan ticked all the boxes because I instinctively knew that I wanted to be uncomfortable, have sleepless nights and this guy was going to help me do that. Also, I would never allow ego to come in the way of my work."
Abhishek On His Two Year Hiatus
The actor was quoted as saying, "I have worked very hard on all the films I have done. I have loved and I have enjoyed every one of them. (But) I felt my personal approach needed to change. I just wanted to re-evaluate where I was in life, wanted to re-energise myself. There was a definite complacency that had come into my work and I wanted to change that. Films like Happy New Year and Housefull 3 were doing well, they were enormous hits. But you have to go beyond that. It was a more personal decision than a commercial one."
Meanwhile, are you folks excited to watch Abhishek Bachchan on the celluloid in Manmarziyaan? Let us know.