- Manmarziyaan Fiasco: Abhishek Bachchan Refuses To Take Anurag Kashyap’s Side Over Smoking Scene
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn’t Want To Make Aaradhya Feel Awkward; Will Avoid Doing This!
- Taapsee Pannu Trolls People Who Protested The 'Smoking Scene' In Manmarziyaan! View Tweets
- Manmarziyaan Film-makers Delete 3 Scenes Which Hurt Sikh Sentiments
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn't Like Aaradhya Getting Papped; Says, 'Let Her Grow Up & Decide'!
- Is Navya Naveli Nanda Planning To Work In Bollywood? Abhishek Bachchan Answers
- Taapsee Pannu To Marry Her Boyfriend Mathias Boe By The End Of The Year? Read Details!
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
- Manmarziyaan: Amitabh Bachchan Finds It Difficult To Speak To Abhishek After Watching The Film!
After a break of two years, Abhishek Bachchan is back in Bollywood with Manmarziyaan. This Anurag Kashyap directorial is a love triangle among the three leads - Abhishek, Taapsee Pannu and Vicky Kaushal. The movie will hit the screens on September 14, and junior Bachchan is really excited about his comeback. In a recent interview with Indian Express, he opened up about the mistakes he did in the past, his character in the film, signing Gulab Jamun with Aishwarya and much more.
On Taking A Break After Housefull 3
''I had reached a juncture where I felt I needed to stop, change perspective, re-evaluate and re-energise. I felt I had become complacent with how I was doing my work. I wanted to be challenged. I wanted to feel uncomfortable in the films I was doing. I had been feeling this for quite some time, and taking a sabbatical was the first step of the plan."
'I Was Just Happy To Be An Actor'
"I changed the way I thought about my career. Actually, I started thinking about my career, which I had not really been doing before. I was just happy to be an actor and to be getting jobs. Here is a great script, it's a Mani Ratnam film, great. Ram Gopal Varma? Also great. Karan Johar - let's do it! But I realised that there needs to be a plan and goalposts, because your audience expects stuff from you.''
'If You Buy Ticket I Owe It To You'
''You have to fulfill that expectation. One cannot be aloof or arrogant behind the garb of being a creative person. Because if you buy a ticket, I owe it to you. Whether I am doing solo hero films or whether I am part of an ensemble cast, I must have something to do in them. Something that an audience, which might have come to see me, can take away from."
On Why He Said 'Yes 'To Manmarziyaan
"On Aanand's suggestion, Kanika Dhillon, the screenwriter, gave me a narration in January 2018. I liked her and her work, and we had a long discussion about the script. Then I asked, who is directing? Anand said Anurag, and then it clicked."
About His Character In The Movie
"Robbie is a banker from London who comes to Amritsar to have an arranged marriage. Robbie is written as a quiet and reserved person, but we also made him decisive. I liked the fact that he is an immensely strong person."
On His Next Film With Aishwarya
"Aishwarya and I have been approached for Gulab Jamun, which is a beautiful film written by Sarvesh Mewara. He met us a year ago and we both really want to do the film, but it is still being developed. I am also starting another film right after the release of Manmarziyaan, but I can't speak about it right now."