- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
- Dhadak Movie Review: Live Audience Update On The Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Starrer
- Before Janhvi Kapoor's Dhadak Releases, Let's Take A Look Back At Sridevi's Hindi Debut!
The first female superstar of the Hindi film industry, Sridevi, passed away in Dubai on February 24, 2018, after suffering from a cardiac arrest.
As per a report in Mid-Day, Adnan Siddiqui, Sridevi's co-Star In Mom, was among the first few people to reach her Dubai hotel following the news of her death. He told the daily that after Sridevi's death, Boney Kapoor was inconsolable till the wee hours.
A Journalist Called Me
"I got a call from a journalist at around 11 pm asking if the news about Sridevi's death was true. I immediately called up Boney [Kapoor] saab and rushed to him."
The Investigations Were Going On
The actor says he reached the hotel to find the investigation going on and the room cordoned off. "I got to Jumeirah Emirates at around midnight.''
I Was Not Allowed To Meet Him Initially
''Initially, I was not allowed to go upstairs. At the time of the investigation, only Boney saab and Dubai officials were present. So, I waited in the lobby for about an hour."
When Boney Saab Called Me
It was only after the initial rounds of investigations were done that Siddiqui met Kapoor upstairs. "When everything was settled, Boney saab called me upstairs.''
He Was Crying Till 5 Am
''He was there along with a family friend, his wife and a daughter. Boney saab was crying like a baby; he was inconsolable. I was with him until 5 am. He was under a lot of stress, so I advised him to rest, and then left."
Sridevi Was So Disturbed That
So disturbed was Sridevi about not being able to meet him after the film's release, due to the ban on Pakistani artistes after Uri attacks, that she invited him specially for her nephew Mohit Marwah's wedding in Ras Al-Khaimah.
I Called Boney Saab
"When I landed in Dubai at 11 pm last week, I called up Boney saab and asked him if it made sense for me to come at that hour considering the function may have been over.''
''He said, 'Even if the function gets over, we will wait for you'. So I drove for two hours to Ras Al-Khaimah."
Sridevi Was Waiting For Me
"I can't believe that I met her four days ago and now, she is no more."