TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has not left any stone unturned to put India on the global map! Now, we hear that the actress is all set to attend the WIFT Award Gala in Washington on September 8, 2018, and will be honoured with the Meryl Streep Award, given to an actor's exceptional work in cinema. The WIFT Award Gala is hosted by the Washington DC South Asian Film Festival (DCSAFF).
Bollywood Hungama quoted a source as saying, "It's an exclusive affair and very hush-hush. Everything is under wraps as they want to announce Aishwarya's award at the WIFT India Award Night, hosted by the seventh annual South Asian Film Festival (DCSAFF) at 7:00 pm at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda in Washington, DC."
"She will attend the WIFT Gala and receive the Meryl Streep Award on the same night. It's a big award as for the first time an Indian actor will be awarded this honour for their excellence in cinema."
"In the past, actresses including Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Cate Blancette, Sandra Bullock and other Hollywood actresses have been given this award. The film festival (held this time at Montgomery College in Rockville, MD) engages some of the best talent from the world of art cinema and beyond. Aishwarya is planning to wear something very classy and stylish in western wear for the event."
On the work front, Aishwarya will next be seen in the remake of yesteryear film, Raat Aur Din and Woh Kaun Thi. She was last seen in Fanney Khan; but the movie tanked at the box office.